Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardening in Stock Tanks

Posted by giardiniere z 6 KS (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 05 at 13:57

OK, let's see if I attach this photo correctly.

I was recently at Walt Disney World, during the International Flower and Garden Festival. They had a section for the home garden, where they had the following small stock tanks, with veggies and flowers growing in them. Everything was doing very well, even in those hot and humid conditions. They had other ones with eggplant, peppers, and it seems like bush cucumbers.

Image link: Gardening in Stock Tanks (59 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardening in Stock Tanks

Have you seen the water gardens people are doing in stock tanks? I've seen one where they stacked drystone all around it, like walls, and others that are used plain and are "Moderne" looking.

o

I have a round 300 gallon stock tank that I sank for my pond. Stacked rocks around it and have a waterfall made out of rocks flowing into it. It's a 5 feet round and 3 feet deep. Love it.

o

what is a stock tank and where would you get them?

o

If you have a Tractor Supply store in your area, they would have them.

They have them in the following locations in Kentucky...
BARDSTOWN, BOWLING GREEN, CAMPBELLSVILLE, CENTRAL CITY, DANVILLE, ELIZABETHTOWN, FLORENCE, GEORGETOWN, GLASGOW, HILLVIEW, HOPKINSVILLE, LEITCHFIELD, LONDON, MAYFIELD, MAYSVILLE, NICHOLASVILLE, PADUCAH, RICHMOND, SHELBYVILLE, SOMERSET, WILLIAMSTOWN, WINCHESTER

o

I have a 3 by 4 foot by 20 inches deep oval hard plastic stock tank that I made into a water garden. Dry stacked rocks around it and used clear silicone to glue smaller rocks around edge and even did a water fall at one end. I have fish in it that I leave all year round and put plants in in summer. Everyone in the mobile home park where I live loves it.

Barbara

o

Wow, and I thought we were creative cause we used to climb in them in the summer...even though the stock didn't much care for us being in there! :>)

o
Gardening in Stock Tanks

Are the plastic stock tanks safe to vegetable garden in?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here