Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
King Kong Orienpet Lily

Posted by AptosCA US9/Sunset15 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 20, 05 at 14:17

Don't know why the petals curled like they did when it first opened up but they are starting to flatten out now. This is my first year growning it. I also have Scheherazade. Both only grew to about 4 ft. the first year. I hope they grow taller as they mature.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: King Kong Orienpet Lily

I saw you replied on my orienpet lily post.
My lily called Sarabande,it isn`t pink but purple in the center with wide white edge.Sorry for the quality of my pics,I have an old camera that needs to be replaced badly.
I`d ask about curled petals of King Kong on the lily forum,but I think it is a natural trait of this variety.
It is a beauty,
Thank you,
Lyuda.

o

Lyuda - thanks for the compliment. I did ask on the lily forum and they said it was natural for it to do that.
I was hoping to see the true color of yours so I would know if I should order them. No offense meant with the comment about the blue tint.
Where did you get yours? I got mine from Buggycrazy which sells on ebay and 'The Lily Auction' in the fall.

o

Love the color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here