Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
outsideplaying_gw

Eden Project Photos

outsideplaying_gw
18 years ago

Hello garden friends,

I normally just hang out here once in a while and look and drool, but decided to post a few photos I took at the Eden Project in the UK a couple of weeks ago.

Geoff, if you're out there, maybe you can help identify the funny-looking orange & red one. It wasn't labeled, and I have no idea what it is, but I believe it was in the warm-tropical biome. I thoroughly enjoyed this place; it's heaven for a gardener!

Elaine

{{gwi:60256}}

{{gwi:60258}}

{{gwi:60259}}

{{gwi:60260}}

{{gwi:60261}}

{{gwi:60262}}

{{gwi:60053}}

Comments (6)

• jeff_al
    18 years ago

the funny looking red one is an "x". :-)
    i can't see the photos. do you have your album marked "public"?

• outsideplaying_gw
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Let me try again. When I previewed the original message, they showed up. Haven't had this problem before. I'm posting them as thumbnails this time and we'll see what happens. Thanks for the note, Jeff.

{{gwi:60249}}
    {{gwi:60250}}
    {{gwi:60251}}
    {{gwi:60252}}

{{gwi:60253}}
    {{gwi:60254}}
    {{gwi:60255}}

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

I can see them now, Elaine. VERY nice!

Earlier, when I couldn't see them I thought Photobucket was down. I checked my pix & could still see them though. I haven't tried using the thumbnails yet. Must do that soon.

That corncob-looking thing is an odd one all right! Hope someone recognizes it.

~Rosemarie

• JoanMN
    18 years ago

Love them, especially the first one!

• outsideplaying_gw
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks folks. If anyone ever identifies the corn-cob looking one, I'll let you know. I wish I had taken a less close-up photo now, but I don't recall it being very big. I believe the "flower" is about 6 inches. By the way, the last one is an artichoke that has been allowed to bloom. I don't think I had ever seen one.

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

I was guessing artichoke on that last one & forgot to ask! Thanks for filling in the blank!

I had an Aechmea fasciata (Bromeliad in your 4th pic), but it never rebloomed for me. :( Nice to see it again in your photo!

~R

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm