Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Gardener/Introduction

Posted by louisj80 OHIO (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 17, 06 at 15:38

Hello Fellow Gardeners,

My name is Louis and live in Youngstown, Ohio. I am a transplant here from Phoenix, Arizona. I was unable to grow anything in AZ because I was quite young with no guidance and also because it is so try and hot. When I moved I dabbled in gardening, I threw some seeds on the ground and hoped they would grow. My partner and I bought a house and I got serious. We sectioned out a patch in our backyard, bought a trailer full of compost, quite a few yards of peet and I rolled my sleeves up and tilled the soil. Before that I installed a grow light in the basement on a timer. Sowed seeds and watched them grow. They are now in my garden along with the various seedlings that I purchased and I LOVE IT! This weekend my parner and I put up a picket fence to keep our beast of a hound dog out of our garden.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Gardener/Introduction

Hope the beast doesnt know how to dig!!!!

o

He does dig but he is never really outside unsupervised! My roommate is awful at watching the dogs so he doesn't listen to her when she tells him to get out of the garden. This way the fence keeps him out and my veggies are safe!

o

• Posted by mendy Z5 OHIO (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 22, 06 at 2:03

Welcome to ohio!
I live about an hour or so from you. Galion It's close to Mansfield ohio.
I can relate to the dogs we have a rott and a rott-shep-coon
MIX I think LOL. Very large dogs it is so disapointing for them to crush a plant you have not even seen bloom yet.
They have learned fast what get out of the flowers means.
My hubby doesnt get as excited as I do about getting in the flower beds. Cause I did 90% of the digging sweating
hard work to make what we have today. 10 years later.
He enjoys it so much now. Cause im not out there every free moment I get. Sun up till sun down on my days off work.
check out my page. Welcome again Mendy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here