Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerriedee

NC garden in '09

jerriedee
14 years ago

Here are a few pics of how my garden progressed this year. I hope everyone has had as much fun getting their nails dirty as I have this year...lol

Photos starting in April going through July.

{{gwi:60347}}

{{gwi:60348}}

{{gwi:60349}}

{{gwi:60350}}

{{gwi:60351}}

{{gwi:60352}}

{{gwi:60353}}

{{gwi:60354}}

{{gwi:60355}}

Comments (14)

• rcnaylor
    14 years ago

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

• baygrower
    14 years ago

beautiful

• botann
    14 years ago

Real nice garden! Thanks for posting. It looks like you have a lot of fun gardening.

• jerriedee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for taking the time out to look at my pictures, I appreciate your time and nice comments. Gardening is the most rewarding hobby I've ever had, it's a little slice of heaven on earth. Hope you all have had a wonderful gardening season.

• dees
    14 years ago

Beautiful!I love all the different foliage plants! What is the tree with the red berries?
    DeeS

• dahli22
    14 years ago

awesome! what is the big shrub with white flowers in first photo? mock orange? thanks for sharing!

• jerriedee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Guess what Dee and Dahli, you are both asking about the same shrub..., what's the odds of that happening ! It's a Viburnum Plicatum Tomentosum. It is covered in white blooms in late April and has red berries in Summer that turn black in Fall,and the berries are a good source of food for the birds. In the fall the leaves turn a pretty reddish purple. So it's definitely a prized specimen in my garden , with three seasons of interest in it's favor.

• msharon1521
    14 years ago

Yes, Don't forget the Doublefile, it is I believe Viburnum Plicatum variety Tomentosum or many times listed as Doublefile Viburnum. This would be an important difference in what you may end up purchasing. I planted 4 of them in a row as a backdrop for my garden in my previous house. The Doublefile means that the flowers form in a double row along the branches and as they age they arch up and then downward, curving back up toward the ends, giving them a arching display of elegant white flowers. I love this shrub it was hardy and easy to grow and beautiful to display. Just my two cents.
    Sharon

• playnscrabble
    14 years ago

jerriedee,

Your garden is what I hope mine to look like one day *sighs*

I agree- gardening is a little slice of Heaven. Hope you are enjoying this year!

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

Whew. Paradise.

• pippi21
    13 years ago

Seeing your pictures is making me homesick for good ole NC. I grew up near Wilmington.

• jerriedee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So glad to hear you all like my hobby,(on the verge of being deemed an obsession, according to my hubby...lol).
    We have been blessed with wonderful weather so far this Spring. It's been mild and wet, as Pippi knows that's unusual for us ! Thanks again for your kind comments, you do my heart good....;-)

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

Breath-taking!!

• jerriedee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Sprout_wi ! I've had a blast creating this garden over the years. I can't believe it's the middle of July already. Time sure flies when your having fun, doesn't it ?! Now if I can just figure out a way to get the winter months to pass this fast I'll be in great shape...lol

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!