Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new garden(long)

Posted by Trini_chaconia z8b VA (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 23, 05 at 17:30

I recently moved to Texas and have been planting and planning since I arrived...here are a few pics of the front beds I've worked on and a shot of the backyard where I have just begun to work on...hope you all enjoy.
DATE IS WRONG ON PICS...sorry for the length as well

left side near my front door...the river rocks were already there everything else I added and removed a few things as well.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

some shots of the tree in the center of the lawn...the kidney shaped bed was there along with the rocks...everything else I added...look at the hostas go.

Pots in the front

Finally my lonely shot of the backyard where I have started to do some stuff..under the tree I planted ten azaleas. a bargain variegated lace cap hydrangea and in the raised bed...which I have dubbed my perennial bed, I have a few cannas, a salvia gauranitica and a few other little things, in the hanging basket I have a few coleus...will share more as I progress

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new garden(long)

Looks like you've made a great start! You have lots of room to work with...have fun with it!

~Rosemarie

o

Where in TX?

o

Central Texas in the Fort Hood area.

o

You've been working hard! I'm sure your backyard will soon be as nice as your front yard.

o

Nice area, Trini...I've been to Killeen and the people there were very nice. :-) I'm a native Texan...grew up in Dallas and lived in Austin for six years before moving across the pond. Can't wait to move back...Texas is awesome for gardening. :-) You've done a great job!

o

I knew it looked familiar (Fort Hood)....lol...I grew up in Waco , TX and now live on Cape Cod...Steph

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here