stacey_turner
18 years ago

Rose "Graham Thomas."

Image link:

Comments (21)

• stacey_turner
    Original Author
    18 years ago

How do I put the pictures IN the actual message?????

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

A very pretty Rose!

I noticed your post in the NTP forum...using Photobucket URLs. All you need to do to get the pix within the post is to copy the 2nd URL under your pic (it says "Tag") & paste it where you write your text for your message. Then check it by using the Preview button before submitting.

Oh...in case you want to know...cultivar names should have only single quotation marks ('Graham Thomas'). Double quotes can be used for nicknames.

~Rosemarie

• stacey_turner
    Original Author
    18 years ago

{{gwi:60564}}

Closeup of a daylily.

{{gwi:60565}}

Portulaca.

{{gwi:60566}}

Sunflower.

{{gwi:60567}}

Echinacea.

{{gwi:60568}}

Detail of sunflower's central disk.

{{gwi:60569}}

A bee on my blackberries.

{{gwi:60570}}

Perennial sweet peas.

{{gwi:60571}}

Itty-bitty mina lobata blooms!

• stacey_turner
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the tip Rosie, I figured it out. :-)

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

OooEee, you SURE did! I love these macros!! Wonderful shots!

Can you tell us what camera (make/model) you're using?

~R

• stacey_turner
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Canon PowerShot S500 5MP with 3x optical zoom, though I never use the zoom.

I shoot at the highest resolution possible on the camera and largest photo size, which produces a 1.91 MB file that's 1944 x 2592. That way I get to crop. :-)

• flowergirl_VA
    18 years ago

Art, I tell ya! Art!!

• aprilwhirlwind
    18 years ago

Very nice compositions.

• stacey_turner
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks...I actually maintain a blog with my garden photos on it. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: http://disruptivehair.blogspot.com/

• JoanMN
    18 years ago

Stacey, your macros are truly gorgeous.

• stacey_turner
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Joan. :-)

• stimpy926
    18 years ago

Great shots!

• outsideplaying_gw
    18 years ago

Beautiful shots!

• Gingers_Garden
    18 years ago

A Canon PowerShot... And there I was ready to guess it was an electron microscope. Otherwise how could you get that close?!
    Kristi

• stacey_turner
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Experimentation and cropping using Adobe Photoshop. I use the largest size and finest resolution settings possible on the camera, though I'd be able to get even better macros with an 8 megapixel camera. :-)

• CLacy2k
    18 years ago

Awesome photos!!

• Gerris2 (Joseph Delaware Zone 7a)
    18 years ago

Yes they could all be in a book, so nice.

Joseph

• onewheeler
    18 years ago

First time in this gallery in a long, long time and man I am glad I stopped by for a quick visit, your photgraphs are amazing. I love macro pictures and I try my best to take some, but they never turn out to be what I want. What I need is a camera like yours, wow. You did a marvellous job.

Valerie

• Heatherz5
    18 years ago

Does your Power shot have super-macro? I finally made my choice in cameras..some of you may remember me posting months ago wanting to know what kinds of cameras you used. I chose the Canon Powershot S2 IS. I love it. I have not even begun to try all the different modes and settings. I am having a ball with the super macro though-I can put the lens actually on the object and take the picture. (only soft objects!!!) I am very careful with the lens. I will share a few soon. I love these macros posted here. They are excellent.

Heather

• Msrpaul
    18 years ago

Stacey,

they're great...I see others have asked the same camera queastion..and I may post a thread to ask...I use my daughter's Kodak easyshare...but when I close up on small butterflies, it just doesn't focus....they have a 5.2 MP (I have the 3.0), and wondering if that would help...I have too much work and other activities to get super techie...and I could use her docking station....I see KOkak also makes one with a larger lens....any thoughts?

• romando
    18 years ago

I am weak. . .
    I would totally and completely frame and hang that b&w of the carrots in my kitchen. . .and I don't even like carrots. Well, they have to be cooked and mushy. Quite Brisish, no? hehehe

Sponsored