Closeups of flowers

Posted by stacey_turner N Yorks (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 23, 05 at 17:43

Rose "Graham Thomas."

Image link: Closeups of flowers (55 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Closeups of flowers

How do I put the pictures IN the actual message?????

o

A very pretty Rose!

I noticed your post in the NTP forum...using Photobucket URLs. All you need to do to get the pix within the post is to copy the 2nd URL under your pic (it says "Tag") & paste it where you write your text for your message. Then check it by using the Preview button before submitting.

Oh...in case you want to know...cultivar names should have only single quotation marks ('Graham Thomas'). Double quotes can be used for nicknames.

~Rosemarie

o

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Closeup of a daylily.

Portulaca.

Sunflower.

Echinacea.

Detail of sunflower's central disk.

A bee on my blackberries.

Perennial sweet peas.

Itty-bitty mina lobata blooms!

o
Thanks

Thanks for the tip Rosie, I figured it out. :-)

o
Again~RE: Closeups of flowers

OooEee, you SURE did! I love these macros!! Wonderful shots!

Can you tell us what camera (make/model) you're using?

~R

o
camera

Canon PowerShot S500 5MP with 3x optical zoom, though I never use the zoom.

I shoot at the highest resolution possible on the camera and largest photo size, which produces a 1.91 MB file that's 1944 x 2592. That way I get to crop. :-)

o

Art, I tell ya! Art!!

o

Very nice compositions.

o

Thanks...I actually maintain a blog with my garden photos on it. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: http://disruptivehair.blogspot.com/

o

Stacey, your macros are truly gorgeous.

o

Thanks Joan. :-)

o

Great shots!

o

Beautiful shots!

o

A Canon PowerShot... And there I was ready to guess it was an electron microscope. Otherwise how could you get that close?!
Kristi

o

Experimentation and cropping using Adobe Photoshop. I use the largest size and finest resolution settings possible on the camera, though I'd be able to get even better macros with an 8 megapixel camera. :-)

o

Awesome photos!!

o

Yes they could all be in a book, so nice.

Joseph

o

First time in this gallery in a long, long time and man I am glad I stopped by for a quick visit, your photgraphs are amazing. I love macro pictures and I try my best to take some, but they never turn out to be what I want. What I need is a camera like yours, wow. You did a marvellous job.

Valerie

o

Does your Power shot have super-macro? I finally made my choice in cameras..some of you may remember me posting months ago wanting to know what kinds of cameras you used. I chose the Canon Powershot S2 IS. I love it. I have not even begun to try all the different modes and settings. I am having a ball with the super macro though-I can put the lens actually on the object and take the picture. (only soft objects!!!) I am very careful with the lens. I will share a few soon. I love these macros posted here. They are excellent.

Heather

o

Stacey,

they're great...I see others have asked the same camera queastion..and I may post a thread to ask...I use my daughter's Kodak easyshare...but when I close up on small butterflies, it just doesn't focus....they have a 5.2 MP (I have the 3.0), and wondering if that would help...I have too much work and other activities to get super techie...and I could use her docking station....I see KOkak also makes one with a larger lens....any thoughts?

o

I am weak. . .
I would totally and completely frame and hang that b&w of the carrots in my kitchen. . .and I don't even like carrots. Well, they have to be cooked and mushy. Quite Brisish, no? hehehe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here