Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few flower closeups -

Posted by springa7 z5 MA (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 18, 05 at 17:59

A rose (not sure of the exact variety - it's the only large ornamental rose that survived the winter and is still growing)

Globe Thistle flower head -

Small orange lily of some type (can you tell that I'm not good with remembering the names of specific varieties?)

Large white Easter Lilies - this is the first year they have flowered profusely -

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few flower closeups -

I especially like the spiky effect of the thistle closeup..... looks like you could reach out and touch it. My belacamda are blooming too. :) You're in MA? How do your easter lilies do? I've heard they are tender? :)

o

flowersandthings - Now that I think about it, we actually got the Easter Lilies in a pot for easter 2004. They were blooming at the time, and my mother decided to try and transplant them into our garden. Since they were already blooming in April, they were dying back by June. We weren't sure whether they would survive the winter. In May of this year, they came back up, and they started to flower a week and a half ago.
Last winter was not too cold, and we got a lot of snow to insulate the ground. It's possible that they won't survive a colder or less snowy winter, so we have to enjoy them while we can!

o

The globe thistle is such a neat picture - reminds me of certain types of fireworks.

o

I especially like the shot of the Globe Thistle!

~Rosemarie

o

So maybe you don't remember their names, but you sure can photograph them! Great shots! Are you a professional photographer?

o

Gingers Garden - Hardly professional! I just take lots of pictures, most of which aren't nearly as good, and post the very few that look the best!

The little flowers on the Globe Thistle are mostly open now - I need to get a picture of that.

o

springa, I believe your unknown lily is a candy lily.

o

Looks like a Blackberry Lily to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here