Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passion...

Posted by RosemarieRo z11/24 So Calif (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 20, 05 at 18:10

....Flowers, to go with that "Butterfly Visits" post I made earlier! I forgot these! This is what the caterpillars eat...the leaves, that is!

Passiflora 'Lavender Lady'

Passiflora caerulea:

Passiflora 'Incense':

Butterflies are a bonus!
Link below to the butterfly post:
~Rosemarie

Here is a link that might be useful: Butterfly Visits post

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passion...

Lovely shots. Beautiful flowers.

o

oh they are so beautiful. That's what calfornia sun can do for ya. I've never seen so many different kinds of passion flowers. I have one (I think it's a wild one) but it doesn't bloom. Thanks for sharing.

Yardrat

o

All are beautiful but I love incense! and the butterflies are so pretty, thank you for sharing them with us.

Nancy

o

Hey Yardrat! There's a whole world of Passion Flowers out there! You'd be amazed! I had a couple more, but they died out on me. :( Oh & a couple that aren't blooming right now. More beauty to come!

Nancy, 'Incense' is one of my favorites! I love the squiggley purple!

Happy to share!
~Rosemarie

o

You definitely won't mistake those for any other kind of flower!

o

Hi Rosemarie! Great pics!!! I've had major computer problems but they are fixed at last! Glad to see you are still going at it!

o

Aren't these just the coolest flowers. Nothing like them in the world. Do you grow the red tropical species, P. coccinea too? Another blue species is grown here and the fruits are eaten as a tasty snack. Bugs do seem to love to eat them as well! PF

o

For sure these are very different looking than other flowers, Paul!

Hey Mary! Sorry to hear of your puter trouble. Glad you got them fixed. Yep, still at it! Wouldn't you know I found better pix of these guys after I posted this?! :P

Yes indeed, the COOLest flowers, Tom! I had a red one...Passiflora vitifolia, but it seems to have bitten the dust. :( I do have a couple to look forward to, though...P. alato 'Ruby Glow' in Sept. (pic from last year--I cheated):

Either I missed this one (June) or it's late, P. alatocaerulea:

And this one bit the dust too, P. sanguinolenta, a little one:

I've only seen 1 fruit on my P. 'Incense' & it mysteriously disappeared by the next day! Perhaps the Oppossum liked it!

Enjoy!
~Rosemarie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here