Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaceysgranny

A few more of my favorites

jaceysgranny
18 years ago

Here are a few of my favorites that are blooming now or just finished.

Rain Lily/Zephranthes

{{gwi:60277}}

A not very good shot of Lycoris Squamigera

{{gwi:60687}}

A few daylily NOIDS. They have names but they faded away! ;-(

{{gwi:60279}}

{{gwi:60688}}

{{gwi:60689}}

Comments (8)

• JoanMN
    18 years ago

Pretty shots. I like the lily colors.

• flowergirl_VA
    18 years ago

Your garden must be beautiful. :-)

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

My Naked Ladies (Amaryllis belladonna) are just now coming out. Your Daylilies are so bright & beautiful, Nancy!

~Rosemarie

• jaceysgranny
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you each for your compliments. I love the bright colors of the daylilies too. I'm afraid my gardens are not as beautiful as I'd like. It's so hot and dry here and I'm not able to keep up. I'm probably going to consolidate some beds and try to make them look nicer this winter and fall. Hopefully next year they'll be much prettier and I can show off gardens and not just plants!

Nancy

• plantfreak
    18 years ago

Your Lycoris are very nice. These are some of my favorite summer bulbs, and our season is just beginning with L. sanguinea. As far as not keeping up with the garden, well each flower is a garden in itself! Thanks for the pictures. PF

• jaceysgranny
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you plantfreak. I'd love to see your L. Sanguinea. I don't have any of those and have never seen any that I know of. I have L. Radiata too and I love them even though they are very common.

Nancy

• CLacy2k
    18 years ago

So vibrant and lovely! Thanks for sharing!

• plantfreak
    18 years ago

Nancy,

Here are some L. sanguinea growing in the mountains. Their flowering season is just about over being the first ones up each year. Funny, I have not seen them or L. radiata in gardens here since both species are found in the wild.

{{gwi:60690}}

The other lycoris will start flowering shortly, finishing up with amazing displays from L. radiata growing along the rice patties in September. PF

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner