Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Companions...

Posted by RosemarieRo z11/24 So Calif (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 25, 05 at 20:02

...for Daylilies (as well as other plants). A couple people asked to see some of the companion plants I used in the bed with my Hemerocallis, so here are some pix. Not sure if it's what you want to see. Close your eyes, if not ~LOL! I'll try to name several plants in the pix, but ask if you see something you want a name on.

Hemerocallis w/Lavenders, Coleus & Plectranthus

Coleus, Sedum, Ajuga, Lavender, Carex, Verbena

Bella Lavender purple, with Felicia way in back

Lobelia, Salvia, Acorus, Coleus, Sedum

Pieris, Hydrangea & Gaura in bk, Lavender, Plectranthus

Pink Bella Lavender

Lobelia, Alternanthera Silene & succulents

Front section from driveway

Mid-section

Lobelia, Salvia, Acorus, Coleus, Sedums

Alyssum, Snake plant, purple Salvia, Agastache

Geranium, Plectranthus, Argyranthemum, Moss Rose, Ipomoea, Tradescantia

Yardrat, I'd like to show you all my pix, but there are 20,000+ (mostly my garden plants, with *some* family thrown in) & I have a tough time choosing which ones to post as it is! :D

Thanks for looking, folks!
~Rosemarie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Companions...

That is so lovely...hopefully my garden would look like that one day...I thoroughly enjoyed your pics...felt like I was right there in your garden..Thank you.

o

Rosemarie thanks again for taking the time to post your lovely garden pix. We all appreciate the time you take out of your garden to share with us.

Lovely combos!!!!!!

Yardrat

o

Great pictures! You have chosen beautiful combinations. It was fun to see the picture with the street in the background. It looks like you live in a neighborhood very similar to mine.

Sher

o

I love the purples, especially. The bella lavenders are exquisite!

o

Here, I'm DREAMing again...thinking I've already responded to this! I have to STOP doing that in my head! LOL

Thanks folks!

Glad I could give you that feeling, Trini!

Happy you appreciate it, Yardrat!

Funny, Sher, it seems I take the most pictures on trash day! Yes, we live in suburbia...with our neighbors breathing down our necks. (~~as you can see~ the neighbor's boat on their driveway.)

I love the purples too, Carol! Blues are my favorite, but seem hard to find. I'm working on it, though!

Have to get out to water these beauties now. :)

~Rosemarie

o

Very pretty and I also love the purples and blues the most. Your combinations are fantastic.

Nancy

o

Thanks Nancy!

Now, I suppose I should work on a group of pix from the back yard, but I think I'd better rip out one of the front beds first & get some of my new plants in the ground!

~Rosemarie

o

What a feast for the eyes! Thanks, CJ

o

Hope you read this...it's been a while since you posted these photos!
You inspired me to start an area of succulents. I was wondering if you can tell me which of them you have pictured would do okay in Florida, zone 9. Also, can you tell me the size of the Bella Lavender purple? Can they take full sun? They are gorgeous! thanks

o

Very nice combos!

o

hi maja,
rosemarie wanted to thank you (and toadlilly and juanita) for the nice compliments. she isn't a GW member anymore but sent me to tell you that she would love to answer your questions. i couldn't figure out how to send you an email to get you in contact with her (error on the page?) but if you want, email me and i'll put you in touch.

-ming

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here