Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spage1_gw

Gardenweb subscription renewal

spage1
18 years ago

Everytime I open up the GW I have this message across the top of the screen saying my membership is past due and I need to pay. Problem is I paid back in July by paypal. I sent GW a copy of where I paid but have not heard anything. Is this happening to others? I wonder if it has anything to do with the new owners? Anyone got any ideas?

Comments (11)

• JoanMN
    18 years ago

Wow, this isn't good. I'd keep sending emails til I get a response.

• Bonbon_N_KS
    18 years ago

Mine says my "contributing membership" expires May 22, 2005. I attempted to renew in April. However, I wanted another T-shirt and they did not offer them anymore. - I just let it go. I assume my non-contributing membership is accepted.

• puddle_of_mud
    18 years ago

What's the difference in the contributing membership and the non-contributing, besides "no adds" ?

• spage1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Puddle, It used to be where some of the forums were blocked and you could not post or follow the links if you werent a member. Now I really dont know what the difference is. I joined because I enjoyed reading the forums and some of the links. I used to lurk more than join in. I have only been gardening for a few years and have learned so much from all the others and felt it worth the money.
    Still no reply from the "powers that be".

• NikkoBlue
    18 years ago

Well I joined 3mo's ago as a non-contributing member to see if I like it... and I can do everything you can do, post pics and reply at any forum!

• spage1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

NikkoBlue, I am glad to see you have free access to that which some us pay for. For example, I had to log in on this forum in order to post a reply. Maybe the rules have changed, I dont know. And this was posted on this forum in error same as the other, I apologize for the inconvience to anyone.

• NikkoBlue
    18 years ago

I have to log in also to post a comment. When I initially signed up, it asked me if I wanted to make a donation to the site, at that time I was not sure how much I would use the site so I waited. Now as a everyday addicted user of garden web, I would be happy to make a donation. However I was never asked to pay for my membership. If I were you, I would sign up as a new user, add a # to your exsisting screen name and call it a day.... At least that would prevent all those pesky massages on the screen.

• skippy05
    18 years ago

I have to log in to post also.
    But, on some of the other topics (like Pets, Decorating & Crafts) only PAID subscribing members can post.

• Bonbon_N_KS
    18 years ago

You have to log in to post, but that is free. The contributing membership enabled (don't know about that since Spike sold out) you to go to the forums with the yellow star beside it (Garden Party and one other one). I contributed because I wanted to support them, as I find Gardenweb very educational (plus I wanted the T-shirt :)

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

I also have to log in when I've deleted my cookies or had problems with my puter and I'm a contributing member. If you save cookies you shouldn't have to log in each time even if you weren't a contributor. I don't remember having to when I wasn't. I subscribe because I want to keep GardenWeb online and it costs money to run it. I get a lot more out of it than a magazine or book and it changes everyday so I never run out of new information, it's interactive so I meet lots of nice people and make friends. I think it's worth the $15 it costs to join. I can also understand that there are some who can't afford the cost so they still get to see most of the forums. If you'll look on the Gardenweb Forums page at the list, all of the ones with the yellow star are for contributing members only.

Nancy

• spage1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Nancy, I agree, I have learned more from these forums than any magazine I've bought. There is also some really good entertainment also. Bunch of great people here. I love the photos of all the flowers, birds, bugs, animals and kids. I think it is well worth the membership fee, just wish they would realize I have already paid for another year.