Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Duranta Standard Started in June 2005

Posted by NikkoBlue 8b GA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 25, 05 at 12:54

I June I posted a question in the "name that plant" forum to find out what kind of tree I had seen on my vacation. Come to find out it was a bush trained standard called Duranta "Golden Dew Drop". Well I rushed to the nursery and bought 3 one gallon bushes and trimmed my way to standard.... I am very proud of my 4 babies.... can't you see.....

In Bloom already.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

K Loves Flowers.... I've got her hooked already.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Duranta Standard Started in June 2005

That 2nd one is especially nice! Where can I get one? I have only the male persuasion types! :P

I wish I had trained my Duranta from the start. It's now a sprawling tree!

~Rosemarie

o

I am Very proud of both.... since I have only been gardening and mothering for about a year and a half. I am always amazzed by your pics in this section...I don'think I'll ever be a PRO like your Rosemarie, although my husband (as sweetly as he can) always says my bug eaten half dead plants are as great as yours! Ha Ha Ha!

o

As you should be...VERY proud! Sheesh (blushing) ~thank you! I've just been at it more years than you (& ssshhh, killed many during that time).

Your husband sounds like a KEEPER! My hubby says, "your big plant by the back corner with the big red flowers on it is looking pretty good". That's about as good a compliment I can get out of him. :D Ha ha!

o

I have durantas growing in 3 places in my flower beds. They freeze back in the winter, when and if we get a cold snap. but always come back in the spring.

My husband knew so little about plants, that he pulled a hydrangea "weed". I was so upset over it, that he never again pulled weeds with out checking with me.
He was a NYC boy and I can't imagine what possessed him to do that in the first place.
I live in Texas and every fall he would roll up the hoses and I would have to explain to him that they don't freeze here and we use them all year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here