Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My daughter's clematis

Ooo, beautiful! Which Clem is it?

~Rosemarie

o

Thanks Rosemarie,

I've forgotten. I'm thinking someone "moser", but, I'll try to look it up and let you know. Also, I am working on figuring out how to post better so the pic can be seen to better advantage. The one above requires the use of more imagination than I would like.

o
More~RE: My daughter's clematis

Hi Richard,

I don't think it's C. 'Nelly Moser', because that one is pink. Maybe it is C. 'Jackmannii'? I have one & that looks very similar to it.

Since you use Photobucket.com, you can insert larger pix than that (not limited to 60k). Just keeping the pic a size that doesn't take forever to load or so large that people have to scroll to see the whole thing. Did you reduce the size of your original pic?

Here's one I reduced by 50%...still a nice viewing size:

~R

o

I haven't pulled out the garden journal, but, I bet you're right about it being a Jackmani.

I can use all the tips I can get about this photo posting. Yes, I thought I needed to cut it down. I'll try it at a different setting over on the test forum now that you tell me I can. I reduced it twice. With your info I'll probably just go with that 50% reduction too next time.

Here is another silly newbie question. When I figure out how to post more than one at a time like some folks do does each picture ideally need to be under 60K or is it all of them together?

o
Tips~RE: My daughter's clematis

You'll have fun once you get the hang of it! You'll be a Photo Posting Fool, I'll bet! LOL

The 60k limit only applies to uploading to GW from your hard drive (because GW is hosting). If you use your own photo hosting site, you don't need to concern yourself on the size (except for the reasons I already mentioned--consideration of others--especially those on dial-up connections).

I like my photos large...so usually I only reduce 75%. But if I'm going to do multiple pix in one post, I make them 50%. I haven't had anyone complain they load too slowly (yet).

~R

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here