Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cosmos not blooming

Posted by pamzflowers 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 07 at 13:45

I PLANTED COSMOS FROM SEED , EVERY KNOWN COLOR AND VARIETY THEY ARE 5FT TALL , AND ONLY ONE IS FLOWERING. THE OTHERS HAVE NOT ONE BUD AND I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY, I'VE GROWN THEM FOR YEARS AND NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM....
ANY IDEAS BEFORE I PULL THEM OUT !! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cosmos not blooming

Same. I planted about 60 of them!

o

Ok, now this is weird... I've got a large cosmos plant growing, no flowers, no buds. Last year, they bloomed beautifully.

I attributed the non-flowering to the fact that this plant is a volunteer from last years seeds/plants, but if you guys are getting nothing, too... something is fishy.

Anyone out there have any suggestions/ideas/reasoning at all?

o

Mine seem to be blooming OK now, but they did take a while to start. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we have not had a lot of rain this year? I don't know.

o

Mine were slow starting from seeds bought-those ones are doing nice now, though...1st year planted any new since 2002...may have been from planting to late (mid June)...and there weren't many reseeders this year for me...My daughter has nice height on hers but she doesn't have any blooms-sun in morning-shade after -noon...I think maybe not enough sun...And the weather has been kind of weird this year, too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here