Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frog 'pond' Trio

Posted by Bonbon_N_KS 5b (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 23, 05 at 15:22

It's the 2nd year for my 1/2 whiskey barrel pond. I added the "spitter" frog this year. I just love hearing the water trickle. We've been seeing live little froggies, too!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Guess there's a troll trio, also.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frog 'pond' Trio

Charming pond. You are seeing real frogs? Where did they come from?

o

Yes, I am seeing real frogs. I think they are tree frogs? Guess I need to do some surfing.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We've been seeing all sizes this year. About 2 or 3 years ago, my son (12 or 13 then) drug home a little frog from somewhere, and I wouldn't let him cage it. We released it in the back yard. Last couple of years we would see "him" about 2 or 3 times the whole summer. But this year, we're seeing a lot of them. They "suction cup" themselves to the french doors at night to eat bugs, and to the vinyl siding on my covered front porch around the porch light. I just love em. Any idea what I have?

o

Yup, they are tree frogs. I just did a quickie search on my ROM Field Guide for my area because your frog looks like mine, and it said they are Gray Treefrogs (Hyla Versicolor). We see them all around our house, had one living in the wheel of the bbq last month (bbq is on a deck 20' above ground!). And I usually see them on the ledge of a window in our dining room and on the ledge of the kitchen window on the bbq deck. I just love them, they are so sweet!

tess

Here is a link that might be useful: Gray Treefrog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here