Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photos - Lasagna and Lizards

Posted by PuraVida Costa Rica (squibbs@hotmail.com) on
Thu, Aug 4, 05 at 15:29

These are some pictures of some work I did on my day off. And a couple pictures of the owners of the garden.

To see the results of the 'Lasagna' method I use, use the link a the bottom and scroll down the page.

Pura Vida

Lasagna #1 - Smash down 6 foot tall grass and unwanted plants. Cover with cardboard and newspaper.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lasagna #2 - Cover with layer of hand shredded cardboard.

Lasagna #3 - Add as much vegetable scraps and or compostables as possible (I only had veggie scraps)

Lasagna #4 - Top off with a layer of Hay to keep protect it all.

Very common geckos around my garden.

Not as common type of lizard - can anyone ID it? Latin name only please.

After 5 YEARS!!! I have TreeFrogs!!! This is a young one.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photos - Lasagna and Lizards

Interesting process! On your lizard, I can't tell from the pic...does it have any horns on its head? Is there a ridge on the back or does it have a rounded, flat body? I may have an idea for you...but need more info or another pic (have one?). :D What long, skinny fingers it has!

~Rosemarie

o

Hi Rosemarie,
I don't know if he has horns or not--it's hard to tell, if he does they're small, not very noticeable. And this ones body shape is defiantly 'rounded, flat' but it seems like others I've seen aren't so fat, I was thinking this might be a female. I had found some gecko eggs earlier that day. And yeah it's got like iguana like fingers or something and some claws as well... I'll try to get another pict up.

Pura Vida

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Blog with Pictures

o

Do you think it could be this one?

Here is a link that might be useful: lizard

o

Pura Vida,
The reason I asked was because it reminded me of a Phrynosoma (Horned Lizard). I looked around on the Net quite a bit, but couldn't find one with fingers exactly like yours, although I did notice they were similar to some Iguana. I'll watch for another pic from you.

~Rosemarie

Here is a link that might be useful: Phrynosoma

o
More~RE: Photos - Lasagna and Lizards

Didn't see Carol's post while I was Googling. I think she's onto something! I found a pic of a Sceloporus malachiticus with coloring more like your lizard...maybe a young female. It's the last pic on the page linked below. The males have the blue green tail coloring.

~R

Here is a link that might be useful: Sceloporus malachiticus

o

Ok you guys seem to enjoy this How about the tree frog? It's a juvenile.

Pura Vida

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Blog with Pictures

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here