{{gwi:61545}}
{{gwi:61547}}
{{gwi:61549}}
{{gwi:61551}}
{{gwi:61552}}

Comments (10)

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

Oh, what WONDERFUL photos! I especially like the Eryngium with the yellow flowers behind (Are they Coreopsis or something else?).

The dark purple Iris...which type is it? An Iris ensata, perhaps?
    The hummers are grand!
    I saw a Swallowtail like that yesterday, but it flitted away quicker than I could get my camera! I think I should get a hip holster for it! LOL
    Is the pink flower a double Hibiscus moschuetos ('Disco Belle' or other)?

Thanks a bunch!
    ~Rosemarie

• Eliza_ann_ca
    18 years ago

Your yard and flowers are beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing.

Eliza Ann

• NikkoBlue
    18 years ago

Wonderful pics, time well spent in your yard. I love the bed protruding into the yard to distract your eye from the work area.... great idea!

Cheryl

• klavier
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The pink hibiscus is actually the same "Copper King" as the other picture, it just was a freak that I have not seen repeated as of yet.

• wilcinbro1
    18 years ago

awesome pictures!
    that blue flower must be fake!! very cool. someone stated it is Eryngium? i'd love seeds for it, hint hint.
    ~Cindy

• nadia_
    18 years ago

*drooling*

Gorgeous garden. It's sooooo beautiful. You must love to stroll leisurely through those beauties. Thanks for sharing.

• klavier
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey all,
    I do love strolling through it. It takes me about an hour and a half to see everything (front yard, back yard, woods etc.) so I try to only tour it once a week otherwise I never get anything done.

Cindy, if you can get to my house you can have all of the seeds. I am at college now and am three hours away from home so I can't do any collecting. I will E-mail the family and see if they can collect some for you. You can have all of them. College is alright, but I am starting back at ground one for gardening. I just today started building a new compost pile. The soil in Binghamton is awfull.

Thanks for all of the comments. They are greatly appreciated. If you are ever in Dutchess county New York, stop by and ask for a tour if we are home, if not just go ahead. Feel free to pilfer cuttings.

• klavier
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Forgot,
    The blue flower is a sea holly. Check my journal for the latin name and variety. I do not know it offhand. The yellow flowers in the picture are marigolds. I grow thousands of marigolds each year. Every bed is outlines in them and crocus. When the crocus go dormant, in go the marigolds.

• suzannie41
    18 years ago

Beautiful gardens, I love the sea holly, such a pretty blue. Thanks for finding time to post between your college studies.

Suz

• klavier
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ha,
    Classes start tomorrow and from what I can tell the students have no shortage of free time. Plus it is Sunday a day of rest.