Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photos of my back yard

Oh, what WONDERFUL photos! I especially like the Eryngium with the yellow flowers behind (Are they Coreopsis or something else?).

The dark purple Iris...which type is it? An Iris ensata, perhaps?
The hummers are grand!
I saw a Swallowtail like that yesterday, but it flitted away quicker than I could get my camera! I think I should get a hip holster for it! LOL
Is the pink flower a double Hibiscus moschuetos ('Disco Belle' or other)?

Thanks a bunch!
~Rosemarie

o

Your yard and flowers are beautiful!
Thanks for sharing.

Eliza Ann

o

Wonderful pics, time well spent in your yard. I love the bed protruding into the yard to distract your eye from the work area.... great idea!

Cheryl

o

• Posted by klavier z4 Bing, z5 Pou (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 26, 05 at 23:45

The pink hibiscus is actually the same "Copper King" as the other picture, it just was a freak that I have not seen repeated as of yet.

o

awesome pictures!
that blue flower must be fake!! very cool. someone stated it is Eryngium? i'd love seeds for it, hint hint.
~Cindy

o

*drooling*

Gorgeous garden. It's sooooo beautiful. You must love to stroll leisurely through those beauties. Thanks for sharing.

o

Sun, Aug 28, 05 at 15:21

Hey all,
I do love strolling through it. It takes me about an hour and a half to see everything (front yard, back yard, woods etc.) so I try to only tour it once a week otherwise I never get anything done.

Cindy, if you can get to my house you can have all of the seeds. I am at college now and am three hours away from home so I can't do any collecting. I will E-mail the family and see if they can collect some for you. You can have all of them. College is alright, but I am starting back at ground one for gardening. I just today started building a new compost pile. The soil in Binghamton is awfull.

Thanks for all of the comments. They are greatly appreciated. If you are ever in Dutchess county New York, stop by and ask for a tour if we are home, if not just go ahead. Feel free to pilfer cuttings.

o
RE: sea holly

Sun, Aug 28, 05 at 15:29

Forgot,
The blue flower is a sea holly. Check my journal for the latin name and variety. I do not know it offhand. The yellow flowers in the picture are marigolds. I grow thousands of marigolds each year. Every bed is outlines in them and crocus. When the crocus go dormant, in go the marigolds.

o

Beautiful gardens, I love the sea holly, such a pretty blue. Thanks for finding time to post between your college studies.

Suz

o

Sun, Aug 28, 05 at 18:08

Ha,
Classes start tomorrow and from what I can tell the students have no shortage of free time. Plus it is Sunday a day of rest.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here