Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new patio & my new hosta's - pic heavy

Posted by kcmojoe 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 07 at 16:22

So I have my new patio as posted in a previous thread.
I have planted the wisteria on my arbor, and an Oklahoma Redbud between the walkway and the patio. Recently I bought 5 new Hosta's (my Hosta Virginity is officially broken) and planted them betwen teh house and patio. here are some pics.
first the patio

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now the Hosta's

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new patio & my new hosta's - pic heavy

Love the organic feel of the patio and your hostas have beautiful variations in color. I, too, have just planted my first hostas (along my new stark white PVC fence); some store-bought and some freebies from my sister's garden. None with the vibrant blue-green colors I see in yours (the 3rd one pictured). What is the name of that one? I can't quite make out what the plant marker says.

I am jealous of your arbor...I have been wanting one for quite some time. Maybe next Spring.

Congratulations on a job well done!!

W.G.

o

Thank you, I still have a TON of work to do with the patio (plants and mulch and moss and what not)
The hostas names are as follows from top to bottom:
1 Blue Mammoth
2 Frances Williams
3 June
4 Sagae
5 Captain Kirk

o

Thanks for the info. I will be on the lookout for that "June" one.

Keep posting pix as your project moves forward. I love to see the process from start to finish...then again, is anything ever really FINISHED in the garden???

W.G.

o

Ok, I have since done a lot of work to the patio, although it doesnt appear like much. I should have some pictures for updates this week. The additions include a tree, some hyacinths, some lirope, some Globemaster Alliums, Plox, Naked Ladies (name??), a Balloon plant. If you notice, nowhere in there did I mention the moss between rocks.... thats because I had a minor setback. All of my mulch was washing down into the patio blocking out all sun to the moss and killing it. I have corrected (I think) that issue and you will see it in the pictures I post this week.

o

Great, kcmojoee. I will be on the lookout for the new pics. I love to see the evolution of a great landscape. Thanks for sharing.

W.G.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here