Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mailbox planting blossoms again

Posted by esh_ga z7 GA (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 29, 05 at 16:24

I tried to plant the mailbox for several seasons of interest using native plants. Earlier in the year I had gaura, penstemon, coreopsis "Nana" and coral bells blooming (admittedly the coral bells have very modest blooms). Then there was a period of no blooms, but with two ferns and the coral bell foliage, it was decent enough (I thought about sticking a few plastic blooms in there).

The fall blooms are the red cardinal flower and goldenrod "Fireworks" just coming into bloom. You can still see some of the ferns and the foliage from the coral bells. Occasionally I walk past and accidentally scare off a hummingbird. They love the cardinal flower. This should be even prettier in a few days when the goldenrod is more showy, but with the rain coming I figured I'd better get a picture now.

Image link: Mailbox planting blossoms again (60 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mailbox planting blossoms again

Where's the mailbox :)

o

It is to the left. I wanted to put as much of the flowers in the picture as I could. :) Unfortunately, that meant I had to cut the mailbox itself out of the picture!

o

Funny! :P I was going to ask the same!

It sounds like a neat idea to have a changing view near your mailbox. I, for one, owuld not use plastic flowers! I saw that the other day & thought it detracted from the lovely garden & surroundings of the house.

~Rsoemarie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here