Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few summer photos

Posted by crunchpa z5Pa (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 08 at 20:46

Summer is winding down and it has been a kind one to the plants in our region. Here are a few of my favorite garden photos I took this year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few summer photos

Gorgeous! I can't pick a favorite, all of them are beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration!

o

Very nice.

Our summer has been kind of on the opposite end of the spectrum so its nice to see the wonderful results you have had.

Thanks.

o

Beautiful. Esp.love the bottom photo with the lattice accents.
It could grace the cover of a magazine. I've been thinking of some outdoor lighting,and I really like your choices. They compliment the gardens and plantings so well. A tall lamp post is something I've always wanted but never thought I had the right spot for it.

o

Those are fat. That Bee Balm compliments the (what are those) called? Leaf looks like Rudbeckia?? What's the cultivar name? Sharp!

Thanks,

Dax

o

Thanks for the kind words........365,that is gaillardia,common name "blanket flower"

o

You deserved it! Bravo -

Dax

o

Crunchpa, Are those beautiful gardens yours? Wow! I would never want to leave home if they were mine.

o

Blondie, the first one is a yard I landscaped for a friend, the next three are from the city of Buffalo,Ny Gardenwalk.......I took 250 photos of the Gardenwalk, many of which belong in a magazine. There were 300 homes participating in an older section of Buffalo, some of which were featured in national publications. There were some remarkably clever gardens in small urban yards, that made for an enjoyable day of touring and picture taking ( and Buffalo wings of course). I think I will be stealing some ideas from the Gardenwalk for next year. I love that Gaillardia/Monarda combo. Photo 3 is all containers. Photo 4 is a small yard that looks larger in the photo because the view through the arbor includes the yard across the street. These people deserve credit for what they did with their old neighborhoods. The large scale cooperation was impressive.

o

Great photos Crunchpa! I'd love to see more of those 250 photos. I'm sure I'm not the only one/

o

Sure ......I will post a couple more......they were small yards with people touring through, so you could not get the same photo as what your eye was seeing, you needed to be looking out a second story window...people would have paths winding through their small backyard.....I took a lot of container photos because I have an interest in that

o

Here are a couple more from Buffalo Gardenwalk

o

Those are great! Beautiful flowers, homes, and photography. Thanks for sharing.

o

still more....

o

• Posted by patsi z7-S.Jersey (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 25, 08 at 18:12

Your pictures should be in a magazine.
Are they in an album?
Can I link to them on my blog or do you have a blog?
What a keeper !!!

patsi

o

Well thanks patsi for the nice comments......I put them in this folder to load them to gardenweb and you can link to it if you wish. I do not have a blog.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ckami7/Gardenweb

o

• Posted by patsi z7-S.Jersey (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 27, 08 at 12:36

Thanks so much.
I'm sure other will love your pics.
Am I putting your name "crumchpa" or Carl on link?
Or no name?
Here's my page. Look below "profile" on left of this page.
Garden Endeavors
Let me know.

Thanks again,

Patsi

o

I see lots of nice combinations and ideas in here. That fountain is something I would love to have. Lets keep this at the top.

o

Absolutely breathtaking!

o

In that last picture - what kind of tree is that so close to the house?

Very beautiful gardens!

o

That is a Dogwood near the porch.......Helen, I really liked that fountain also. That would be very nice near a sitting area. If anyone thought to see Niagra Falls someday, scheduling it during Gardenwalk weekend would be a bonus.

o

CrucnhPa-your garden -all around-is just gorgeous! Thats what I would call 'surrounding yourself with good company'.

o

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (near (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 14, 09 at 17:25

I would love to meander through your garden. ... especially today when it is so cold here.

Thanks for sharing ... promises of things to come .... eventually.

o

Thank you for sharing so many lovely gardens from the GardenWalk tour. Lots of inspiration there. They make me want to keep working at my tropical/cottage gardens.

FlowerLady

o

You're welcome....it was a wonderful example of organization and cooperation by the people in those neighborhoods. I am sure it only helped the property values in what is an older section of Buffalo,NY.

o

-crunchpa, these are some of the best garden pics I have seen in a long while! It has certainly brightened my day and reminded me why I love gardening so much!
I adore your arbor! Stunning.
New York seems to be a wonderful place for growing beautiful, lush gardens. Thank you so much for posting.
CMK

o

Wow! So beautiful. That is what I aspire to. Thanks for posting!

Megan

o

Thanks for sharing, Crunchpa! I'm always looking for inspiring garden photos like this. I love these pics!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here