Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crunchpa

A few summer photos

crunchpa
15 years ago

Summer is winding down and it has been a kind one to the plants in our region. Here are a few of my favorite garden photos I took this year.

{{gwi:61777}}

{{gwi:61778}}

{{gwi:61779}}

{{gwi:61780}}

Comments (27)

• blondiesc
    15 years ago

Gorgeous! I can't pick a favorite, all of them are beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration!

• rcnaylor
    15 years ago

Very nice.

Our summer has been kind of on the opposite end of the spectrum so its nice to see the wonderful results you have had.

Thanks.

• schoolhouse_gw
    15 years ago

Beautiful. Esp.love the bottom photo with the lattice accents.
    It could grace the cover of a magazine. I've been thinking of some outdoor lighting,and I really like your choices. They compliment the gardens and plantings so well. A tall lamp post is something I've always wanted but never thought I had the right spot for it.

• gardener365
    15 years ago

Those are fat. That Bee Balm compliments the (what are those) called? Leaf looks like Rudbeckia?? What's the cultivar name? Sharp!

Thanks,

Dax

• crunchpa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the kind words........365,that is gaillardia,common name "blanket flower"

• gardener365
    15 years ago

You deserved it! Bravo -

Dax

• blondiesc
    15 years ago

Crunchpa, Are those beautiful gardens yours? Wow! I would never want to leave home if they were mine.

• crunchpa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Blondie, the first one is a yard I landscaped for a friend, the next three are from the city of Buffalo,Ny Gardenwalk.......I took 250 photos of the Gardenwalk, many of which belong in a magazine. There were 300 homes participating in an older section of Buffalo, some of which were featured in national publications. There were some remarkably clever gardens in small urban yards, that made for an enjoyable day of touring and picture taking ( and Buffalo wings of course). I think I will be stealing some ideas from the Gardenwalk for next year. I love that Gaillardia/Monarda combo. Photo 3 is all containers. Photo 4 is a small yard that looks larger in the photo because the view through the arbor includes the yard across the street. These people deserve credit for what they did with their old neighborhoods. The large scale cooperation was impressive.

• blondiesc
    15 years ago

Great photos Crunchpa! I'd love to see more of those 250 photos. I'm sure I'm not the only one/

• crunchpa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sure ......I will post a couple more......they were small yards with people touring through, so you could not get the same photo as what your eye was seeing, you needed to be looking out a second story window...people would have paths winding through their small backyard.....I took a lot of container photos because I have an interest in that

{{gwi:61781}}

{{gwi:61782}}

{{gwi:61783}}

{{gwi:61784}}

{{gwi:61785}}

{{gwi:61786}}

{{gwi:61787}}

• crunchpa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here are a couple more from Buffalo Gardenwalk

{{gwi:61788}}

{{gwi:61789}}

{{gwi:61790}}

• blondiesc
    15 years ago

Those are great! Beautiful flowers, homes, and photography. Thanks for sharing.

• crunchpa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

still more....
    {{gwi:40294}}

{{gwi:40317}}

{{gwi:61791}}

{{gwi:61793}}

{{gwi:61794}}

• patsi
    15 years ago

Your pictures should be in a magazine.
    Are they in an album?
    Can I link to them on my blog or do you have a blog?
    What a keeper !!!

patsi

• crunchpa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well thanks patsi for the nice comments......I put them in this folder to load them to gardenweb and you can link to it if you wish. I do not have a blog.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ckami7/Gardenweb

• patsi
    15 years ago

Thanks so much.
    I'm sure other will love your pics.
    Am I putting your name "crumchpa" or Carl on link?
    Or no name?
    Here's my page. Look below "profile" on left of this page.
    Garden Endeavors
    Let me know.

Thanks again,

Patsi

• helenh
    15 years ago

I see lots of nice combinations and ideas in here. That fountain is something I would love to have. Lets keep this at the top.

• perianthal
    15 years ago

Absolutely breathtaking!

• indalyne
    15 years ago

In that last picture - what kind of tree is that so close to the house?

Very beautiful gardens!

• crunchpa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That is a Dogwood near the porch.......Helen, I really liked that fountain also. That would be very nice near a sitting area. If anyone thought to see Niagra Falls someday, scheduling it during Gardenwalk weekend would be a bonus.

• juanital
    15 years ago

CrucnhPa-your garden -all around-is just gorgeous! Thats what I would call 'surrounding yourself with good company'.

• jroot
    15 years ago

I would love to meander through your garden. ... especially today when it is so cold here.

Thanks for sharing ... promises of things to come .... eventually.

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Thank you for sharing so many lovely gardens from the GardenWalk tour. Lots of inspiration there. They make me want to keep working at my tropical/cottage gardens.

FlowerLady

• crunchpa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You're welcome....it was a wonderful example of organization and cooperation by the people in those neighborhoods. I am sure it only helped the property values in what is an older section of Buffalo,NY.

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    15 years ago

-crunchpa, these are some of the best garden pics I have seen in a long while! It has certainly brightened my day and reminded me why I love gardening so much!
    I adore your arbor! Stunning.
    New York seems to be a wonderful place for growing beautiful, lush gardens. Thank you so much for posting.
    CMK

• newbiehavinfun
    15 years ago

Wow! So beautiful. That is what I aspire to. Thanks for posting!

Megan

• teresa_g
    14 years ago

Thanks for sharing, Crunchpa! I'm always looking for inspiring garden photos like this. I love these pics!

Sponsored