Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Over-Planted Awesomeness: Pics of My First Garden!

Posted by darcygarden 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 08 at 21:19

My First Garden!!!!
I want to thank you all for helping us through it :)
Here are some pics... including our 3 Tomatoes over 8 feet tall!!! (including a 13 ft German Queen).

THE BALCONY CONTAINER GARDEN:
DSCN1569

DSCN1565
DSCN1576

This Jade is my biggest success story... it almost died twice :)
DSCN1582

Anyone know what this plant is??? My Landlord gave it to me 2 years ago, she said it was a rare Geranium. It grows foliage like CRAZY, but in 2 years it's never flowered. Any ideas?
DSCN1564

THE SIDE GARDEN:
DSCN1584
Yellow pear tomatoes, cucumbers, Ichibans, eggplant, and peppers.

DSCN1589
DSCN1587

Yes, we're growing raspberries in a pot... it's a big test at this point.
DSCN1590

And Blueberries.
DSCN1591

THE CORNER GARDEN:
DSCN1595

Banana Peppers, Concord Grape Vine (1st year), an Avocado tree (we think? It just started growing when we started fertilizing the area- we will probably get rid of it), and to the far right is a Fig tree that we dug up in March and dragged across the property with soil-less roots (so it wouldn't be killed)... I thought it was a goner for sure- but all those leaves are new. Thankyou B1.
DSCN1596

Spices, Peppers, and Strawberries
DSCN1598

Our flower garden has tripled in size since this pic (a week ago).
DSCN1599

THE BACK GARDEN: Tomatoes Tomatoes Tomatoes!!!
DSCN1601

I PROMISE YOU that my neighbor (the 2nd owner of this garden) pictured here is 5ft 6 inches tall! You are looking at a Cherry Tomato plant that hangs over its pictured 9ft cage by 3 feet.
DSCN1606
DSCN1614

HERE IS OUR BIGGEST TOMATO PLANT: I'm sorry I can't get a better pic of it due to the brick wall only a couple feet away. This is a German Queen that at it's largest was 16 feet tall. We could not support it in a tall cage so we built this makeshift arbor. We lost a bit of the plant when the move happened- but it is still about 13 feet tall. MOST UNFORTUNATELY, it has not yet produced a tomato and I don't know if it will on this apparatus :(
DSCN1607

Our Black Prince (about 8 feet tall).
DSCN1609
Aristocrat Squash in background
DSCN1611

Finally, our Bell peppers and Herbs.
DSCN1610

It's been a whole lot of fun!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Over-Planted Awesomeness: Pics of My First Garden!

Isn't it exciting! Great pics. You have certainly made the most of your space. I can't get over that tomato plant, excuse me, I should have said that tomato tree. Enjoy your harvest!

o
RE: Over-Planted Awesomeness: Pics of My First Garden!

That is quite a tomato plant!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here