Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
August garden pics

Posted by Sam_WA 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 31, 05 at 23:50

Took a few pics out in my Seattle-area garden recently, hope y'all enjoy...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: August garden pics

Very soothing. I like the patterns in the foliage. Are those Cannas really ten feet tall?!?

o

Don't know about anyone else, but I certainly enjoyed them! Felt like I was on vacation in the tropics!

o

Yep, ten feet tall for those Cannas sounds just about right. They're of the "Grande" variety..

o

Very nice, Sam! Are the blue/purple flowers in the center of the 1st pic Tradescantia? And can you tell me what the variegated plant in the upper right of the 2nd photo might be?

Great jungle you have going there!
~Rosemarie

o

I have zone envy

o

What is the tree in the last picutre, it looks like a eucalpytus?

o

Rosemarie - yep, the purple flowers are indeed Tradescantia 'Concord Grape' , the variegated plant in the second picture is Euphorbia characias 'Tasmanian Tiger'

and the tree in the last pic is a Eucalyptus pauciflora ssp. niphophila (Snow Gum), doing really well this year.

o

Ha ha, I was looking up Euphorbia 'Tasmanian Devil' (one I had seen before)! Close, but no cigar! Thanks for the names!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here