Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

on patio fence

On back fence

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Texas Fall clematis

Very nice shots, rcnaylor. Do you know a scientific name of this clematis? And, how hardy is it?

o

Well thanks, romanpot.

Here is what I found on the scientific names for sweet autumn or Texas clematis:

Scientific Name
Clematis paniculata,C. maximonowicziana, C. terniflora

Common Name
Sweet autumn clematis

It says it is hardy in zone 4-9.

o

I can't get over how many flowers are on it!
JoanMN

o

Tank you, rcnaylor. Good research work. Your information is appreciated. Now I am looking where, in my small yard, I could place this incredibly floriferous fall clematis.

o

Beautiful pics--that is a rewarding plant.

You all just gave me an idea, I have a large trellis in front of the door to my greenhouse. For some unknown reason, I can't get a hybrid clematis to grow here. I wonder if this one would. I may try it.

Kay

o

I really enjoy mine and wouldn't think about getting rid of it, but, for those who haven't been around it at all before, it will re-seed pretty easily where it is happy.

And, thanks again for the nice words.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here