Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my backyard

Posted by elramonegouda none (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 8:09

just sharing a nice garden (in my opinoin ;-))

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my backyard

My opinion is the same as yours,beautiful!!
Kathi

o

very nice garden, love the little creek.

o

Hi,
Lovely garden, like a Japanese garden.

o

That's sweet!

o

WOW! That is so lovely! ...and now I wish I had even more space. Beautiful job!

o

Beautifully created .I would surely love to recreate this with the help of oceansrg.

o

Very lovely and serene!
But where are the weeds?? ; )

o

Amazing garden! Looks to be soothing to the soul.

o

Amazing garden! Looks to be soothing to the soul.

o

Sure I see some issues with the rock setting, etc. but overall it looks like a very nice little garden. Much better than most attempts at Japanese gardens in residential settings. Well done.

o

What a wonderful place to be!

o

So inviting looking.

o

I think it's a very nice garden too. A lot there in a limited space and a lot of fun too. When you do a job like that, it's not work.

I've always wanted to construct a Japanese garden. A high altitude sub-alpine type of Japanese garden, not a low lying tropical one. Usually you see a blend of both without clear distinctions.

Jim, there are always issues with rock placement, even in my own garden. Can you spot the two rocks that are misplaced in this part of my garden?
I did it on purpose to show how to do it right by showing what's wrong. Wrong, means it looks like it was placed by the hand of man. It looks contrived and doesn't fit. Random comes to mind. (A friend of mine once said the rock placement in a garden we were looking at looked like the rocks had been dropped by a helicopter) Just a nudge or two and it can be corrected. I did this to educate my landscape employees. A picture is worth a thousand words and I didn't want to make it complicated. ;-)
Mike
Rock garden photo 2303323230036511179.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here