Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My gardens as fall arrives

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 8, 08 at 11:56

Thanks! Beautiful Asters. Your garden is almost a month ahead of mine. Nice to see a preview. You have way more perennials than I. Yours sure look nice this time of year. The summer doldrums are over. I feel a welcome chill in the morning air.
Mike

o

Wow what a tremendous photo's.i like all the photo's and these photo's are very rare photo's.Thanks to rcnaylor for posted such a beautiful pics.Rcnaylor are you take this picture from your garden.
==================================================
john

auto auctions

o

Wow! Gorgeous flowers! My favorites - numbers 2 and 5. Thank you for sharing.

o

Thanks all. And, they are out of my garden.

o

rcnaylor: Love all the pics, you perennials are doing so good - my gillarda are dieing. Your sedums and asters look so lovely. I have to know what is the name of the flower in the picture 2nd from the bottom. I saw that in NJ in my parent's neighbors' yard but they did not know the name. PLease tell me the name, and how it propagates and the place you bought it at. thanks for posting the pics.

o

That is Jupiter's beard, a/k/a Red Valerian. It reseeds (can be invasive some places they say). Out here it likes sun and dry with moderate watering.

I got mine from a small native plant place. But, with the name, I'm sure you can find it several places.

Thanks, and good luck.

o

RCNAYLOR: do you have some seeds to share? I am in DFW.

o

I've never tried catching any of those, but, if you want to give me a way to send'em, I'll see what I can come up with - no guarantees! ;)

o

Beautiful, did you grow those sweet potato vines in pic 7 from seed, or did you buy them?

Very nice pics.
Mihai

o

Your flowers are beautiful. I love the Salvias.. what a breath of fresh air::)

o

Thanks.

The sweet potato vines came in starter containers. Although, I have pulled up and overwintered the roots inside a couple of times and re-planted them the next spring.

o

Hi. Does the lovely blue aster have a cultvated name.
Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here