Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tricyrtis

Posted by shrubs_n_bulbs z8/9 UK (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 22, 05 at 11:35

My garden is looking a little burnt-out at the moment, but Tricyrtis hirta is just starting up :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tricyrtis

Oh MY, that is GORGEOUS! Woohoo~thanks for showing us!

I think this is one of those I can NOT grow here. :(

~Rosemarie

o

Lovely!
Most of my garden is insect-damaged and going dormant.

o

That's nice! I have Miyazaki, Tojen and Shirohotogisu blooming right now and waiting for 1 tiny bud on my new Hatatogisu. I never seem to get a great closeup but yours is fabulous. Which variety is it?

o

Variety? Nope, sorry, just the straight species. I was listing out varieties I might like in the spring when I ran across a bag of roots at a nursery. So I filled up the allocated space for about the price of one named plant. I'll add different species and maybe named varieties when the bed eats some more lawn :)

o

Here is my favorite, blooms during the summer. Love these little guys!

Tricyrtis lasiocarpus
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Those are great.

o

SNB: Mine are species too-just now budding up! I have those cool blooms to look forward too-
CH: I love the purple in that one! CJ

o

Wow Shrubs_n_bulbs, yours has a beautiful pink color to it. Great picture too.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I don't like mine so much. The foliage always looks like crud this time of year. It would be a much better plant for pictures if the folaige stayed nice and green rather than browning.

o

Interesting colour variation, although that's obvious T. hirta too. Is it a cultivar?

I think the foliage keeps better in a nice woodland spot, moist and shady. Mine is passable this year, just a little slug damage. I managed the snap in the early morning when the sun touches that spot.

o

I love these beauties. Here's a few of mine!

"Tojen"

"Dark Beauty"

Enjoy!

starmoon *)

o

Nice shot of Tojen,
I just got that one this year, and it appears to be later than my other one. It is still now a few days from blooming. I can't wait. That "Dark Beauty" is certainly that. To think that a couple of years ago these were almost unheard of. Now they are everywhere. I got "tojen" at Lowes. The other I got on clearance in November at a specialty shop foor or five years ago and it grows incredibly fast. I divide it twice a year!

o

I have a decent clump of t. formosana. I actually need to divide it as it has gone crazy and looks like a bush as there are so many blooming. I picked up t. miyazaki last year. Frankly as far as I can tell, formosana and miyazaki look very similar. I have t.latifolia that bloomed a month or so ago, very nice but is still getting settled in so only just a flower or two. I just ordered white towers and can't wait to see how that looks...

o

Everyone seems to like these, so here's another piccie :)

o

I have not a photo for you but love those posted

I have a number of them in my garden in Ontario Canada

They have been hit by frost already but where nicely in bloom

Very nice plant to have in ones garden. Seem to be problem free. Just like to have good soil and water.

o

I have never tried those. I think I wll look into that. Thanks for the photos.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here