Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clear in the cool September morn

Posted by Herb Victoria, B.C. (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 18, 05 at 12:50

Our lawn is starting to green up again. "Clear" may not be quite the right word, but when I went out to take the picture it felt cool enough to borrow the line from Whittier.

Image link: Clear in the cool September morn (59 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clear in the cool September morn

Love your landscaping plan. I can grow just about anything but new bushes for some reason. Want to come down to Texas and help me out? :)

o

I'm in Texas, too, suffering through an interminable heat wave. Your garden looks like heaven! You are so lucky!

o

• Posted by Herb Victoria, B.C. (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 18, 05 at 16:59

There - and I often think that I'd like Texas better then here! Herb

o

Herb....how long's the gworing season there?

o

Yeah, we were 96 F down here yesterday, Herb. And, I live in the cooler part of Texas.

But, I'm sure you can tell us a few cold weather stories.

o

Mon, Sep 19, 05 at 16:58

The growing season here in Victoria can be nearly 12 months - we generally have mild, damp winters with not much snow or frost. Some winters we may get a dump of snow or a hard freeze that lasts several weeks, but that's not usual.

o

It's 101 here in Arkansas today so your garden looks like a wonderful retreat to me. It's gorgeous!

Nancy

o

Having lived on "The Island" I am sure you would not want to be anywhere else.

Barry

o

Tue, Sep 20, 05 at 12:23

Barry - There aren't many places like Victoria, that's for sure. But one place that could tempt me away is Tasmania's Hobart..... Herb

o

So, what you are telling us, Herb, is year round you have the good life?

Fine, when I'm shoveling snow this winter and its about 2 below, after all this fall like heat wave, I will be thinking of you (but, I don't guarantee it will be all warm and gushy. :) )

o

Tue, Sep 20, 05 at 14:08

I wouldn't quite call it good all year round, but at least, in winter, we seldom need to shovel because most of the precipitation just runs down into the gutters.......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here