Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden nook as pet memorial

Posted by motria z5 Chicago (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 15, 06 at 15:44

Our beloved black lab mix, Ignatius, passed away last winter at the ripe old age of 16. We've honored her memory with a white mini-garden in her favorite corner of the yard. We put her ashes under a fruiting cherry tree, which is surrounded by white coneflower, balloon flower, butterfly weed, wild quinine, obedient plant, and lamb's ear. There's also a statue in there which I salvaged from the trash.. kindof how DH rescued Iggy from the pound so many years ago.

Here's Iggy at an old age.. not enjoying the snow too much:

This is her final resting spot:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden nook as pet memorial

• Posted by javan 9b n. coastalCA (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 16, 06 at 0:41

What a nice memorial space. Thanks for sharing it with us. Jim

o

Lovely rememberance space...thanks for the pics.

o

Iggi's resting place looks better then my living space. I love the look on her face in the snow.
---Keith

o

Wonderful synopsis. With that introductory snapshot of her, I love your pet and feel happy for the beautiful place she is now in.

o

• Posted by motria z5 Chicago (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 17, 06 at 19:10

Thank you for the kind words.

Last month DH found us a new puppy, a black-and-white spotted Australian shepherd. After we had her for a couple weeks it crossed my mind that maybe there was something cosmic going on - the memory of a black dog combined with a white garden inspired the universe to send us a black-and-white little pooch.

o

Thanks for sharing those wonderful photos!
How's the new pup??

o

The new pup, Beulah, is doing great! She needs a lot of exercise, so I spend many hours walking her around the neighborhood and enjoying *other* people's gardens (while totally neglecting mine). I stole some nice hollyhock seeds recently and today I spotted several bags of shredded leaves (score!) in the alley.

Here's a picture of Beulah in a rare moment when she wasn't chomping or digging anything in the yard.

o

• Posted by sissyz Z5 NorthIL (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 13, 06 at 23:07

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here's mine!
Funny, they both have that "quit fooling around and let's play" look!!

o

Beautiful dogs, all three. I think that Iggy was absolutely a sweet and loving looking dog. I think that is such a beautiful thing you've done to honor her. Godspeed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here