Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backyard Pond

Posted by Echoes_OR Zone 3 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 11, 05 at 16:25

I put this pond in in 2000. I'm always wanting to re-do the waterfall and had a curved log given to me this summer that I will incorporte into it soon. I want to have moss grow on the log also...

Here is a link that might be useful: Backyard Pond

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backyard Pond

I made this stepping stone this summer. The pruple paint is from my front porch deck. I painted it this summer. Amazing what they can do with outdoor stain now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stepping stone

o

Wow. I'm impressed. Both look great. What material is your stepping stone from?

o

Just plain old cement and it weighs a ton.... I mixed it up, placed half on the leaf, placed window screening over the cement then placed the rest of the cement. I had some cement left over and thought I would make a couple smaller stones and also made the decision to leave out the screen and they popped along the veins so I learned a good lesson there. LOL
Thank you for your kind words.

o

Your pond and stepping stone look just great. The pond is too cute for words. i have never seen such a stepping stone before - i absolutely love the fact that you made it yourself.

Extremely pretty. Thanks for sharing.

o

Love the pics, love the leaf stepping stone. Did you color the cement the green color or paint it after it dried? About how thick is the leaf? I would love to do some but would like to have more direct instructions. Im always scared to try something new by winging it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

o

The leaf casting instructions and lots of photos are on the garden acoutrements faq forum.I have learned alot from those folks and am in the process of making these stones for a garden path.Come on over...
moonphase

o

I wish I had a better picture of the waterfall.

o

I would love to see your waterfall up close. Looks great in your picture. I stained afterwards using a sponge for a more mottled look. It's about 4 inches thick with a piece of window screen in the middle for added stability.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here