o
Moon...flower over Amarillo

Posted by rcnaylor 6b Tex (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 9, 05 at 17:20

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moon...flower over Amarillo

that is a lovely pic....I have some moon flower seeds to sow, here's hoping they turn out as nice as yours...the suburb we live in is called Amarillo so maybe that is a good start!!!! Tina

o

Well, alright Tina. I didn't know we had a "sister" city downunder.

I think you will find moonflower vines pretty easy to grow. Just give them some sun, a trellis and a little water and they'll take off for you.

Let us know how your gardening is coming along.

o

Thought I would send you a photo of a couple of 'natives'. The first one is Eucalyptus macrocarpa 'Rose of the West'
and this is one I'm sure you will know!!
Cheers....Tina

o

Wow. Thanks for the photos Tina.

That Rose of the west kind of looks like it should be in a sci-fi movie. :)

I don't think I have the same problems keeping my birdbaths filled as you do. I don't have the colorful local animals you do. My dogs got into it with a porcupine a while back, but I didn't get any pictures of it. I'll try to get a few pics of how "our" Amarillo looks out here on the high plains of Texas and put them up for you.

Some might find our topography somewhat interesting. We have been been in a couple of movie shots because of our expansive vistas. It was our sunset the Harrison Ford was supposedly riding into (though he actually sent a few standins to do the scene out here) in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade". And, in Cast Away, where Tom Hanks looks down a road at a rural intersection and the roads seems to go on forever, that would be our landscape too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here