Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weird Mutated Daisy

Posted by AptosCA US9/Sunset15 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 13, 05 at 17:28

It is like two are merging into one or it tried to spit into two and didn't make it. I wonder why it did this? Any guesses?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weird Mutated Daisy

I t ' s a F R E A K o f n a t u r e . . . . I think it's still purdy (poor thing).

o

Sometimes it is good to get outside the box. Rock on, little daisy!

o

It's growing a mustache ;-)

o

I'm no expert, but I had some roses do that and was told by a rosarian it is because of too much nitrogen in the soil.

o

Maybe it's like having a 6th finger or toe? ;-)

o

Your picture made me remember a flower I saw at a friends house. It looked like two flowers that were conjoined in the middle. The result was the center being the shape of a heart. I didn't have my camera with me. It frustrates me that I never went back to take a picture.
Sher

o

I hope you saved your seeds. You might want to see if that can be reproduced.

Xtal

o

I don't know if it's anything too rare. I remember I had daisies that had a few flowers like that a couple of years ago.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here