{{gwi:62697}}

Comments (14)

• Rudee
    18 years ago

I want to see this again in October!!!!

• flowergirl_VA
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Since I just paid $30.00 to put 9 gallons of gas in my car, I doubt I'll be going back that way during the beautiful fall season. :-(

• rcnaylor
    18 years ago

C'mon Flowergirl... we'd probably take up a gas collection to see that beautiful Virginia country side in its fall glory!

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

Sure! Put me down for a buck! :p

~Rosemarie

• flowergirl_VA
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOL! You guys are crazy! :-D

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

Thanks for the memories, Flowergirl :)

• SwampRose_WA
    18 years ago

Such a beautiful place, and what a name for it - Lover's Leap! I've seen some gorgeous pictures of Virginia, must be a great place to live.

• flowergirl_VA
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the pictures. Too bad no photograph can adequately capture the beauty and grandeur of this place - you really need to see it with your own eyes. On a clear day, you really CAN see forever! LOL

• geoffhandley
    18 years ago

Well Flowergirl if my calcalations are right I would have to pay the equivalent of 73 dollars to put that much fuel in my car (If my calc on the exchange rate is right. I would have to pay £40.78). I use diesel and it is priced at £4.53/gallon (about 8 dollars?)
    My car would travel about 400-450 miles on those 9 gallons though.
    It is a lovely view and must be fantastic in the fall. i remember somebody some years back posted some pictures of the US in the fall and they were stunning. I still have copies and look at them occasionally. Now these are the bits of the US I like. I have no desire to see Disneyland, Hollywood or Las Vegas but you have wild landscapes and wilderness that are so different from anything in Europe.

• flowergirl_VA
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Geoff, I know we in the U.S. should be grateful that gas is as cheap as it is, considering how high it is in the rest of the world, but it's just so shocking when it jumps $1.00 in 2 days time! LOL Also, everything is so spread out here - I'd have to walk for at least 45 minutes to an hour to get to the nearest little convenience store. To get to the town "proper," it would probably take at least 3 hours of walking. So, in other words, I don't go anywhere without getting in my car.

It's really dry here now, but hopefully we'll have some good fall color right in this area (we usually do). If so, I'll be sure and post some pictures.

• geoffhandley
    18 years ago

I know many of you travel huge distances by our standards. My wife is unusual by British standards in that she travels over 50miles a day to work so over 20,000 miles a year. That is why we had to get an econimical car (it is mine now). If fuel gets really expensive over there you will all have to start driving little cars like we do. Mine is a Vauxhall astra station wagon so isn't that a General Motors -Chevrolet? I know they use the same model names sometimes. And diesel engines are really econimical...and fast.
    If you ever come over here then don't make the mistake many americans make. Travel over here is often slower cause the roads are narrower and twisty and the fuel is expensive. Mind you the sights are closer together....travel is a bit faster in shropshire cause we are rural. The roads are still narrow and twisty....we just drive like lunatics!!!

• flowergirl_VA
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh how I would love to visit England (and Australia, and New Zealand, and Tahiti, and see the fjords of Norway, and the Alps, and, and, and...). :-D

I'm lucky in that I work from home on my computer, so that saves a lot in gas money. My car is definitely not a gas "hog," but the next one I get will be even more fuel efficient. ;-)

• geoffhandley
    18 years ago

Well flowergirl we would love to see you over here. When i was in Shrewsbury last i did not hear any American accents. Years ago they seemed to be everywhere. What I thought was so sad was they seemed to be bussed around all the time, spending a day here and a day somewhere else, rather than really getting to know the place. Mind you last year we had Harrison Ford taking a holiday on a canal boat just down the road from here, in sleepy old Shropshire.
    P.S. you missed out Italy, Paris, Brittany is very nice too as is Finland.I would also like to see Prague, Warsaw, Black Forest, Roumania,Giants Causeway.....I think one lifetime is too short!!!

• Msrpaul
    18 years ago

Flowergirl.......... **sigh**

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert