Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice on my Jade Plant

Posted by luigie822 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 07 at 20:56

Would someone have any idea what's going on with my jade plant? I recently bought a bonsai tree (ficus), and when researching online how to care for it, I noticed pictures of jade plants that look NOTHING like mine. I'm wondering if something is wrong with it. There isn't a main trunk, it's just several branches that bend over the rim of the pot, and then bend updward. It seems to be self-supporting and strong. However, what looks like a white powder is on some of the leaves and there is always a ring of brown "dust" on the shelf underneath the branches. Also, the clay pot that it's in has the white powder around the middle of the pot. Does anyone have any insight or suggestions? Thanks!

Here is a picture of the plant; I'll post more detailed pictures of the leaves and dust below.

Image link: Advice on my Jade Plant (23 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice on my Jade Plant

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Here is a picuture of what the leaves look like when they fall off. They're brown with what looks like silver sparkles on them. Is this what they're supposed to look like when they fall off?

o
Move this to cactus & succuli forum?

I meant to post this on the cactus & succuli forum... sorry! Could someone assist in moving this thread?

o

This is mine... Idk what's happening to it:(((

o

Are these plants inside the house or out in the yard?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here