Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garden organizer?

Posted by sunshinetm z5 MI (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 2, 05 at 21:38

Hello everyone, I am not sure where I should post this so I will start here. I am wondering if anyone has a program for their computer, some sort of garden organizer? If so, what one & do you like it? Any you would recommend? Thanks, Terri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garden organizer?

I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. If it's a place to store your garden pics, I would definitely look up Photobucket. Also, you can go to Gardenbuddies forum...register and check out their Photog. software, etc. forum. They are very informative. Good luck. :)

o

I'm not sure if I understand you either, but if it's being organized by keeping track of your plants, you might want to peruse the link below. It's a thread in the Perennials forum on keeping track of your plants.

Not which computer program to use, but some people mention what they use on their computers. Several mentioned the Excel program. If you know how (& you have that program), you could make up your own database, using whatever criteria is important to you.

There are some pretty funny accounts from the organized & not-so-organized gardeners! Good for a few laughs if nothing else & maybe you'll pick up some tips to use. I know I did!

Remember, whatever comnputer program you use...ALWAYS backup your files often!!

~Rosemarie

Here is a link that might be useful: Perennial forum thread

o

Thanks for the advice, I did read the forum you sugested. It was funny & very informative as well. Here is an example of something I was looking at. Seems a bit pricey for me to just play around with. Terri

Here is a link that might be useful: example of software

o

I don't think you would need special software to do something very similar. If you have a spreadsheet available on your computer, say Microsoft Works. You can follow the directions on it for setting up a database.

I have a very simple one where I list the plant, source, date, and location in garden. You could also have a culture and special notes column. Periodically, I can organize them by name alphabetically. But you could have as many spreadsheets as you want, maybe by individual beds.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

gld

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here