Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juanital_gw

I was so happy with this shot...warning a big photo...

juanital
16 years ago

I took several but thought I'd take a chance that no one would get peeved at me for making ONE so large...This is of my upper garden and was quite pleased with it this year...of course I rested from digging and extending and am in process of refining...

It was just a beautiful dewy-foggy-sun shining thru morning...

{{gwi:62910}}

Thanks for looking!

Juanita

Comments (44)

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

What a beautiful garden you have! (Great shot too) What are those variagated leaves in the foreground?

• juanital
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you-Fco...THat is a Variegated Hydrangea paniculata, suppose to get blue flowers but they were pink last year and this year i didn't see any blooms I think it got zapped from an unexpected frost in spring (the buds are already formed on stalks)...but I love these leaves...

Juanita

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Pretty yard and a wonderful picture.

Thanks for sharing.

• natalie4b
    16 years ago

So peaceful!

• JoanMN
    16 years ago

Juanita, this photo just proves how important lighting is. The early-morning back-lighting is about as close to perfect as you can get! Lovely.
    JoanMN

• jackied164 z6 MA
    16 years ago

That is beautiful. I wish I had been there with you with a cup of coffee.

• spankies-gang
    16 years ago

How beautiful! I just stared and waited for a fairy to arrive. I felt like I was right there. Amazing!

• natvtxn
    16 years ago

I'm with you, spankies, where is the fairy? That is so pretty.

• gree_knees
    16 years ago

This was my first visit to the gallery and after seeing your picture it won't be my last. It looks like a picture Ken Druse would have taken. Beautiful, just beautiful! Anita

• juanital
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well thank you all so kindly for your kind remarks...

Juanita

• greenchic
    16 years ago

wow what a lovely garden! would love to see more...

• goldenpond
    16 years ago

That is a Greeting card!

• beecharmer2
    16 years ago

True Serenity! May I ask what plant you have growing on
    on the trellis? You have inspired me. Thank You.

• katkat
    16 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhh I can't wait for spring! I could almost smell that picture!

• juanital
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you much, Greenchic, Goldenpond, Beecharmer and Kat...Hey I like that...Sounds like all the names make a visual-'Name Garden'!

Bee, the 1st two and some of 3 have morning glories with the 3rd and fourth being hyacinth vines...

I am eagerly waiting to get out there and do some planting...

• aulani
    15 years ago

I agree with the others, your garden is a true inspiration. Wish I could sit there with you and discuss your digs. So your hydrangea has all day sun? Those leaves are spectacular! I don't remember which without looking it up, but it depends how much acid you feed them as to what color the blooms will be. You gave me an idea. I'm going to plant flowers under my green bean tepee and see what happens. I know yours is a morning glory, but green beans sounds good to me right now. Thanks for the inspiration. Your picture looks like one of those paintings done in the Romantic period.

• gran-gran
    15 years ago

I need to know what the plant on the right side of your pic is. Someone gave me some last year and I have no idea what it is called. I saved some of the seeds last year and am growing some of my own this year. Everyone that saw the globe like, two tone pink flowers last year wanted some of them. Please let me know if you have the name.

Gran-Gran

• gnomey
    15 years ago

Gran-Gran, I think you are referring to a cleome, but I'm sure Juanita can confirm.

Beautiful picture!

• juanital
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank U Aulani, Gran-Gran...and Gnomey is right it is a Cleome, if I remember right also called Spiderplant...they easily reseed every year....

Juanita

• ymaddox
    15 years ago

that is such a amazing shot i at first thought it was a screensaver the way the words run to just the top of the picture and the trees in the background. Really a amazing picture.

• sinai
    15 years ago

Put me down for an "amazing shot"........I love mornings........Hard to beat mornings in a garden you've taken care of and nurtured so to speak.....Of course a cup of coffee added is a nice touch....

Paul from Alabama

• gran-gran
    15 years ago

Thank you so much for the name of my plant. Since this was my first posting I was not sure how this worked. If you need some seeds just let me know.

Juanita...Your garden is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Gran-Gran from Alabama

• juanital
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Ymaddox and Sinai...and you're welcome Gran!

Juanita

• jodifromoregon
    15 years ago

Wow, Juanita! Absolutely beautiful! I agree with the others... the only thing missing is fairies. :) Just gorgeous. The lighting is phenomenal, and what a beautiful garden you have. Thanks for sharing!

• joega
    15 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!

• d_giffin
    15 years ago

Have you ever thought of sending that picture in to Birds and Blooms Magazine? I bet that they would love to print this for all to see - very inspirational!

• spicyginger
    15 years ago

Sure could get lost in thought sitting in front of that view. Great job, satisfying job!

• juanital
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, Jodi-Joe-D_G and Spicy...Haven't thought about sending it to B&B but I'll check into it just for the fun of it! You all are inspirational to me with your comments!

Juanita

• blondiesc
    15 years ago

Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!

• pnw_katie
    15 years ago

You've captured that magic moment! You've got an enchanted garden. Well done!

• crunchpa
    15 years ago

In honor of your being the feature photographer on Photoshowdown I have moved your photo back to the top.

• janetsplanet1953
    15 years ago

I love that! Wanna be there!

• juanital
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all so much for your kind remarks...Crunch Thank you!!!

I really get a tickle when I get emails with comments from everyone here about this photo! You guys make my day!!!

• joytwo1839
    14 years ago

Bump - one of my favorites

• crazyone
    14 years ago

VERY pretty yard and photo

• greatlakesmike
    14 years ago

That picture speaks a thousand words. Beautiful. Well done.

• flowergrandma
    11 years ago

I love this misty rose photo

• juanital
    Original Author
    11 years ago

WoW-So cool & sweet y'all still appreciating this! Thank you, Thank you!

• dustbunnytrail
    11 years ago

Makes me want to garden my little heart out! Amazing! :)

• tussiemussies
    11 years ago

Beautiful garden!

• goldenpond
    11 years ago

great garden and a wonderful enchanting moment caught by your eye and camera.
    ~tanya

• ladyrose65
    11 years ago

Its like out of a book! beautiful!

• juanital
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you much, all! I'm ready to get with spring! Feeling inspired this year!

• kushy28
    11 years ago

Nice yard picture.