Posted by pnwjoy 8b-Kalama,Wa. (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 9, 06 at 2:47

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More flowers in the rain

Beautiful flowers, just awesomely beautful.... worth getting wet to take or is it just after the rain? My sister is in Oregon City, she loves her dahlias also and is trying to convince me to grow them. Anything I have to dig up and plant again year after year is way to much work though your dahlias and hers, she sent me pics also are just gorgeous! I looked at all of them and oohed and awed, I hope when my gardens are done mine look so nice. I just picked one to comment on :o) Leslie

o
RE: More flowers in the rain

• Posted by pnwjoy 8b-Kalama,Wa. (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 10, 06 at 10:17

Thanks Leslie. No, I waited for a pause in the rain before I went out to take these. I wouldn't mind getting wet but my camera probably would! :-)
In your zone you shouldn't have to dig dahlias up each year. I don't have to. They are hardy in my garden and should be in yours as well sense you are in a zone higher than mine. I just added a few new ones this year but some of my favorites I've grown for years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here