Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photos, please... perennial edgings...

Posted by LizinNH z5 NH (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 6, 05 at 7:41

I am looking for an idea for a perennial edging to tie the beds all together. Saw a thread about it on another forum. Wondered if folks had photos. Thanks! Liz

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photos, please... perennial edgings...

Have you thought about lambs ears.I am lining the outer sides of my flower beds to help keep the grass away.Just thought I would share.Paulette

o

bump

o

I know some use Lady's Mantle. I'd look for something that is neat and compact. Consider Thrift which looks a little like a green tuft of grass with pink globular flowers. Santolina is another common edging. It comes in green or grey and can be shaped. It gets about 12 inches tall if left unsculpted.

o

bump

o

I use campanula carpatica, it mounds neatly and has gorgeous blue flowers. Ajuga is good, alyssum and pansies
are good re-seeders,

o

I have tried a couple of different things. On one side of my front door, I have used Artemisia, although there is a spot where every plant has died. Can't figure out what's wrong! I'm trying to fill in with Allysum this year.

On the other side of my front door, I have a small line of Coral Bells with Allysum as the major outliner.

I've never done a photo link before, but here goes...

Here is a link that might be useful: Border Borders

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here