• cannahavana
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oops! Forgot one!

Red Hot
    {{gwi:63120}}

• klavier
    18 years ago

Wow! Those are gorgeous. How big do they get? Do you grow them on idoors? Have any extra seeds?

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, Klavier! I will bring them in for the winter. I have not seen seeds on these guys. Not sure how big they are going to get as I have only had them this season. I will probably keep them around 3 ft.

Rebecca

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

Ooo, they are ALL so pretty, Rebecca! I will have to keep my eye out for that 'Snow Queen'! H. shizopetalus is already on My List. That 'Antique Treasure' is wonderfully colored! My 'Kona' died..I miss it. :( But nice to see yours! 'Red Hot' is a sizzler too!

I had to take out 'The President' today. Whiteflies had taken over. :( But that'll make room for one from My List! :D LOL

~Rosemarie

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

Okay, I hear music now. :P LOL I don't usually have my sound on. Has it always been here (and HOW did WHO do it?) or did it just start after Masterpirate (who I see has just registered today...Welcome!) posted? I'm very curious. I don't think I've ever heard music on any other posts! Ha ha!

~Rosemarie

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hmmm... wasn't me. Never heard music in posts either. But, please whoever did add it to the string, put an option to turn the music off.

Rosemarie, I sent you an email.

Rebecca

• kathi_mdgd
    18 years ago

Those are Gorgeous!!!! TFS
    Kathi

• farmerpickle
    18 years ago

Rebecca they are stunning! Where I can purchase Schizopetalus and Peggy Hendry? Thanks.

• FLOWERSANDYHEAVEN
    18 years ago

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT THE TROPICAL HIBISCUS ON EBAY

• natvtxn
    18 years ago

FYI: hibiscus root very very easy. I grew up in a tropical area. The first thing I ever rooted was a hot pink dbl hibiscus @ age 10 years.

• Joyce
    18 years ago

I would love to purchase a Schizopetalus too, next Spring.

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi all,

The Schizopetalus was given to me as a cutting. At the time, I could not find it for purchase anywhere. They could be out there now.

Peggy Hendry was purchased at a local nursery for, get this... $1.00! They were clearancing all the tropical hibiscus out and I hope to get to them at the right time next year to buy more at that price. They had a great selection.

Rebecca

• futureforests
    15 years ago

Have you seen the endemic Hawaiian hibiscus? It is very special. It has very fine, separated petals. One of the great things about the native Hawaiian hibiscus is they aren't susceptible to insects. They don't get the mite problems that other hybrids get. Their leaves are not all bumpy and distorted, which is a common problem with hibiscus. The native Hawaiian species, the white ones are special because they are lightly fragrant too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Future Forests Nursery

• crunchpa
    15 years ago

I should do some Hibiscus. Those look great.

• susieq07
    15 years ago

Here's my fav. in my garden:
    {{gwi:63121}}

Sponsored