RE: hib

Oops! Forgot one!

Red Hot
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o
RE: hibiscus

• Posted by klavier z4 Bing, z5 Pou (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 12, 05 at 15:36

Wow! Those are gorgeous. How big do they get? Do you grow them on idoors? Have any extra seeds?

o

Thanks, Klavier! I will bring them in for the winter. I have not seen seeds on these guys. Not sure how big they are going to get as I have only had them this season. I will probably keep them around 3 ft.

Rebecca

o

Ooo, they are ALL so pretty, Rebecca! I will have to keep my eye out for that 'Snow Queen'! H. shizopetalus is already on My List. That 'Antique Treasure' is wonderfully colored! My 'Kona' died..I miss it. :( But nice to see yours! 'Red Hot' is a sizzler too!

I had to take out 'The President' today. Whiteflies had taken over. :( But that'll make room for one from My List! :D LOL

~Rosemarie

o

Okay, I hear music now. :P LOL I don't usually have my sound on. Has it always been here (and HOW did WHO do it?) or did it just start after Masterpirate (who I see has just registered today...Welcome!) posted? I'm very curious. I don't think I've ever heard music on any other posts! Ha ha!

~Rosemarie

o

Hmmm... wasn't me. Never heard music in posts either. But, please whoever did add it to the string, put an option to turn the music off.

Rosemarie, I sent you an email.

Rebecca

o

Those are Gorgeous!!!! TFS
Kathi

o

Rebecca they are stunning! Where I can purchase Schizopetalus and Peggy Hendry? Thanks.

o

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT THE TROPICAL HIBISCUS ON EBAY

o

FYI: hibiscus root very very easy. I grew up in a tropical area. The first thing I ever rooted was a hot pink dbl hibiscus @ age 10 years.

o

• Posted by Joyce Zone 7b LI, NY (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 10, 05 at 14:43

I would love to purchase a Schizopetalus too, next Spring.

o

Hi all,

The Schizopetalus was given to me as a cutting. At the time, I could not find it for purchase anywhere. They could be out there now.

Peggy Hendry was purchased at a local nursery for, get this... $1.00! They were clearancing all the tropical hibiscus out and I hope to get to them at the right time next year to buy more at that price. They had a great selection.

Rebecca

o

Have you seen the endemic Hawaiian hibiscus? It is very special. It has very fine, separated petals. One of the great things about the native Hawaiian hibiscus is they aren't susceptible to insects. They don't get the mite problems that other hybrids get. Their leaves are not all bumpy and distorted, which is a common problem with hibiscus. The native Hawaiian species, the white ones are special because they are lightly fragrant too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Future Forests Nursery

o

I should do some Hibiscus. Those look great.

o

Here's my fav. in my garden:
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here