Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this white rose?

Posted by lesdvs9 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 6, 06 at 15:20

It was planted in June this year and I've pruned it to shape it twice unchecked it grows very twiggy and sloppy.
Thanks for any help, curious what it is, it also doesn't have any thorns, is this what a Polyantha is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this white rose?

Still trying to get the picture in here.

Here is a link that might be useful: White rose

o

It could be a John F Kennedy white rose. They have a very slight pink middle and have lots of fragrants to them. It is hard to tell from a picture thou.
John

o

My guess would be the floribunda Iceberg, but that is only a guess. As John says, identifying roses from photos can be tricky at best. Still, you can compare yours to the photos at the site I have linked and see what you think.

Here is a link that might be useful: Iceberg Rose at Helpmefind.com

o

Annececilia, yes after looking I believe that is what it is:) Nice to be able to identify it. The neighbor was re-landscaping and going to just throw his away so I took it also and have learned how to prune it so it looks alot better and I'm very pleased with it now. It does bloom and the blooms fall off rapidly but the multitude of blooms and the rapid repeat more than makes up for it. Thank you for telling me. Leslie

o

Happy to have helped. :-)

o

I like this one so much I saw a photo of the burgundy one and I would like to have that also! Thank you for your help, I appreciate it. I wondered for so long and then it was funny, I had picked it for my list of what I'd like to plant in the back yard in another rose garden I'm creating aside from my mini garden:) Leslie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here