spiderwort flower

Posted by lesdvs9 z9 CA (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 8, 06 at 17:52

closeup of a spiderwort flower.

Here is a link that might be useful: spiderwort

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spiderwort flower

That's a beautiful shot! Is it really that color? It's so vibrant.

Nancy

o

Hi Nancy, yes it is, actually it's an even deeper purple, I've I think the camera washes the color just a little. I love this flower and plant. You can plant it anywhere.
Leslie

o

Great shot! Spiderworts are one of my favorite flowers. Mine are no where near as vibrant as yours. Yours are really stunning.

Here's mine so you can see the difference. I suppose the soil, etc. could have a lot to do with the end product. : -)

Love them both though.

Isn't it great how they just multiply?

o

Actually flowerlady I think it was nature's way of paying me back because it died back completely each winter. It became an annual where I was living at the time in zone 7 in the mountains and snow then. I'm planting it again now in zone 9, and by the time they shipped it to me I got one measly flower and it was around the color of the one I planted so, I guess it does have to do with the soil. It was still the same county, mountain or valley. Yours is very pretty and yes I love the way it grows and flowers and hoping now that I'm in the valley I'll be seeing alot more of it! I can see all of yours in the background, just beautiful...sighing here :) I haven't found it locally yet to buy multiple plants, when I do I'd like about a half dozen! Especially if they'll multiply, I've got a brand new back yard to put them in. Thanks for sharing that with me, I was wondering how they'd do in a lower location. Leslie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here