Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemariero

West Coast style Fall color Pt 1

rosemariero
18 years ago

playing hooky from my chores...Here's what's coloring up my gardens these days!

{{gwi:63408}}

{{gwi:63409}}

{{gwi:63410}}

{{gwi:63411}}

{{gwi:63412}}

{{gwi:63413}}

{{gwi:63414}}

{{gwi:63415}}

{{gwi:63416}}

{{gwi:63417}}

{{gwi:63418}}

{{gwi:63419}}

{{gwi:63420}}

{{gwi:63421}}

{{gwi:63422}}

Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoyed!

~Rosemarie

Comments (16)

• RoseScope
    18 years ago

Rosemarie, where do you get these beauty?

• PVick
    18 years ago

Wow! Packing up to move to California ---

Love that variegated hibiscus.

PV

• rcnaylor
    18 years ago

Pretty! Thanks Rosemarie.

• shrubs_n_bulbs
    18 years ago

Love the New Guineas. I have one with the same leaf and an intense red flower. Are they perennial outdoors for you?

And is that Lavender? I never thought of Lavender growing there but I guess it is perfectly suited.

• tinahere
    18 years ago

vrey nice.....I managed to kill my tibouchina so it's nice to see a healthy one!!! All lovely photos....Tina

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks folks! I forgot to give names in my rush/time squeeze to resize & upload pix. Sorry!

Alex, Most of these beauties were purchased from our local Home Depot (big box store). Some come from nurseries, gifts from family or friends and trades as well.

Ha ha, PV, come on down (or over)!! :) That variegated Hibiscus 'Cooperi' has been stingy...that's the 1st bloom this year.

Thanks Richard!

I've been trying to determine that fact, Shrubs n bulbs...whether or not the NG Impatiens are perennial for us. I've have them before & couldn't keep them alive. I don't really have shady areas & I've not been known to keep up on regular watering ~so it had been sink or swim for these guys in the past. They're currently under a deciduous tree, but I'm hoping the cooler temps when the tree loses its leaves will help keep them alive. I also have one with an intense red. They are some of my favorite foliage plants!

Yes, that is Lavandula 'Goodwin Creek' with the Hibiscus. I have several other Lavenders. We have a Mediterranean type climate here & they do well if I remember NOT to fertilize them. :)

I killed my 1st Tibouchina, Tina...so I'm happy this one is doing better.

~R

• jiju
    18 years ago

WOW!

• NikkoBlue
    18 years ago

If you don't mind me asking, what are #5 and 6? How is your Gardenia still blooming? Mine quit 8 weeks ago. Lovely plants, by the way!

Cheryl

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, Jiju & Cheryl!

Don't mind at all, Cheryl...5th one is Clerodendrum ugandense (Blue Butterflies) & 6th one is Justicia carnea.

I don't know the secret of the Gardenia (gift from my dentist!). I planted it out in May, I think, after having it as a houseplant (where it was none too happy ~it dropped many buds & only had 2 blooms). I think it likes being outdoors!

~R

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

gorgeous! Ok, now what is the second to last plant, the one that looks like Dr. Sues's version of a sedum?!

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Garden Witch! Dr. Suess made a lot of neat plants, didn't he?!
    That is Crassula 'Baby Necklace'.

~R

• SherCA
    18 years ago

Such a variety of pretty things! I want to get a Blue Butterflies next year. This year, when I saw them, I already had so many things to plant and knew I needed to get it all in before buying more. Next year I will fill in the empty spots! A garden is never complete, right?!
    Sher

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes, I love variety, Sher! When we installed our pool, I put in new garden beds around. I put in 200+ plants in one day! Never again! Whew! You're right...it's a work in progress...never finished! Now, I have to work at whacking back our jungle!

~R

• carol23_gw
    18 years ago

It's all bursting forth in every imaginable color, Rosemarie! I can only dream......

Carol

• dcarpenter
    18 years ago

Beautiful! Just beautiful!! I love seeing pictures of your plants. They inspire me. I especially liked the Crassula "Baby Necklace." Haven't seen any of that here. Must find some. Keep posting those pictures.

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh, I'm sure you'll be doing more than dreaming, Carol, with all the wonderful plants in your garden!

Glad you liked them, DC...I'll post more as I'm able. Crassula 'Baby Necklace' is one of my favorites too!

~R

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs