Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerriedee

wonderful garden memories

jerriedee
17 years ago

I can't believe it will be 6 months before I will be able to plant a new flower I just had to have..! It's also hard to believe another flower gardening season has past me by...sigh. I can see, many a late night spent in front of my computer screen, looking through my flower garden photos,

to get me through another long winter. Here are a few of my favorites. Hope they will cheer you up too.

{{gwi:63815}}

{{gwi:63816}}

{{gwi:63817}}

{{gwi:63818}}

{{gwi:63819}}

{{gwi:63820}}

{{gwi:63821}}

{{gwi:63822}}

Comments (8)

• sinai
    17 years ago

jerriedee.....

Your yard is just beautiful....I really like the way the woods transition to your mixed border...the layering effect....I like your choice of plants, colors and the way your put it all together....The view where you have your chairs with the sounds of the water and the firepit looks like a wonderful place to sit and relax.

Paul

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

You have beautiful gardens Jerriedee, I especially love the way you use all the different colored foliage. That makes for an interesting garden, even when there isn't much in bloom. Your photos are great. Thanks for sharing.
    Jan

• jerriedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks so very much for the kind words!! Three quarters of my yard is surrounded by trees so I have to do alot of shade gardening. I'm also crazy about bright colors, so I have to rely on alot of brightly colored foliage plants to give me the colors I crave in the shade. Thanks !

JerrieDee

• lesdvs9
    17 years ago

I echo the others, how very beautiful. This must give you alot of satisfaction looking at your pictures and sitting out there and enjoying the fruits of your labor. I'll bet you get complements from all of your visitors. I love your colors. Leslie

• FlowerLady6
    17 years ago

What a serene beautiful oasis you have created. I felt very peaceful just viewing your pictures. What are the white spikey flowers on the right side of your red arbor?

FlowerLady

• lindakimy
    17 years ago

I agree with all the others about your gorgeous garden - such exciting combinations! Stunning!

I have also felt bereft at the onset of winter, knowing how long it will be til I can "play in the dirt again." So this year I'm going to try wintersowing (there is a forum for it here). I've met one of the forum members and visited her garden filled with wintersowed plants. It really sounds simple - and the wonderful thing is it will let me go right on gardening in the dead of winter!!

I sure hope that next year my garden will look a lot more like yours!

• jerriedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks again everyone, I was nervous about posting my pics ! You guys are the first people to see my yard, besides my family and a few close friends.I live at the end of a long dirt road,on my parents farm. The only neighbors I have are my brother, and about 39 head of cattle.
    Now, to answer your question flowerlady, that shrub is called spiraea cantoniensis.It starts to bloom in March before the leaves open,and blooms for about 3 to 4 weeks,in that time the leaves fully open. It is just finishing up it's blooming cycle in that photo.

• gw:willy-nilly
    17 years ago

WOW !!!! You have a beautiful garden and landscape. I would go nut's knowing I could not get dirty out there for 5-6 months too ! We are in Zone 9 so we don't have the hard winters here but we do have to move some plants inside from time to time.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES