Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery plant

Posted by GeoffHandley Shropshire, UK (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 26, 05 at 6:19

I wonder if people could help identify the enclosed flower. It is through a contact on Flickr. I did not know what it is but said that people here seemed to be quite good at identifying flowers when we had tried little quizes in the past.
The flower was photographed in the netherlands in October. Sorry, don't know about the foliage.

Image link: Mystery plant (34 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery plant

I think it's a Verbena.

o

You mean an annual verbena? Thats seems about right. I am not that familiar with annuals. Any experts on flower form able to confirm.

o
RE: Mystery plant -

Although I found a similar flower color combination, your photo may represent a newer cultivar. It's certainly stunning with purple and white pinwheels!

Here is a link that might be useful: Verbena pinwheel type

o
RE: Mystery plant +

This site does not give any information, other than a label of Verbena.

Here is a link that might be useful: Verbena flower

o

Well done Carol, looks like you've cracked it - Verbena Pinwheel Princess. Sounds like it is perennial. Will send Jaap a message.

o

Wow I like that one. I was thinking Verbena too, because it looks like a Verbena-like cluster of unopened buds in the background of your flowers. A large plant of that one in full bloom would be wonderful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here