Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall color over the driveway

Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 2, 06 at 14:09

I took this picture a few days ago of the Japanese Maples I raised from seed and planted over 25 years ago. Being seedlings, they have no name. On the other hand, being seedlings I had a lot to choose from when it came time to select the ones I wanted. Selection was always done in the Fall when the color was best.
"[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/album/553229469XvqKrm][img=http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/57/757/6/14/87/2496614870036511179Ypydet_th.jpg][/url]"

Here is a link that might be useful: Fall color of japanese maples

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall color over the driveway

Amazingly beautiful!!!!

o

Those are just gorgeous. My Japanese maple hasn't begun to turn yet. It's usually a beautiful red too. I also have tons of JM seedlings, so I'm going to watch them for color and add some more to my garden. :)
Thanks for sharing that great photo.
Jan

o

Your maples are beautiful ! I snook around and took a peek thru all your photo albums while looking at your maple link,and might I say..I AM IN LOVE !!!! Your garden landscape is to die for ! All that color from your selections of evergreens and not hardly a bloom in sight, so you'll have that view 365 days a year !! All your blooming plants are just the icing on the cake. My hat's off to you.Your garden has matured beautifully. It gives us all hope !!

o

What a beautiful blend of colors!
JoanMN

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 4, 06 at 16:40

Here's another part of the garden consisting of mostly conifers.
"Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"

o

It's very fun and inspiring to look through your photo album! Thanks for posting!
---Keith

o
RE: Fall color

Hi, some autumn beauty pic from my dwarf conifers garden...
Jan wbgarden

Here is a link that might be useful: wbgarden

o

Thu, Nov 23, 06 at 8:05

Jan, that is absolutely beautiful! Conifers and maples make a good combination, don't they? I'm going to concentrate more on dwarf conifers in the future. I have raised hundreds of Japanese maples from seed and since I don't sell any, or collect them by name, the name is not important. What's important is that it looks good in my garden.
I notice you have waterlilies in your pond. Mine goes almost dry in the summer so I can't have them unless I put a liner in. Since my pond is so big, that's not possible in my budget unless maybe I just line part of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pond at sunrise

o

Thu, Nov 23, 06 at 12:50

Whoops! Bad link. Here's the right one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunrise on the pond

o

wow!!! THis is brillant! I love japanese maples...it's so airy!

wbgarden - what's that orange dissectum you got there? could it be seiryu? but then, it's cascading.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here