Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Down the garden path ...

Posted by shrubs_n_bulbs z8/9 UK (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 28, 05 at 14:13

Actually, down the garden path, round the corner, along the road, turn left at the river and down to the farm :)

And here's the pond in my back garden.

Well, if my back garden was about five times the size, this pond would be in it :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Down the garden path ...

Here's one of my garden paths. I cleared the leaves that fell from Japanese Maples on to the woodchips. I used the leaf rake like a paint brush.
When the page comes up, scroll down.

Here is a link that might be useful: Path under Maples

o

I think you linked directly to a picture and it says forbidden.

o

Lovely the way the snow shows off the many textures of all woody plants. What are the dense shrubs on the bank on the right side?

o

How beautiful! Like a postcard. Where do you live in the UK that you have snow, but are in zone 8-9???

Anna

o

Beautiful pictures. It looks very peaceful there. :)

o

Beautiful! What lovely surroundings (whether they are in your back yard or down the road).

gld

o

The dense shrubbery seems to be a mix of Elder and Hawthorn. No leaves so I can't be 100% positive. The background trees still with some leaves are mostly Oak, with some Birch and Sycamore Maples.

This is not Florida or California zone 8/9. Think British Columbia. We get accumulating snow a few times each winter, although less common in recent years. Heavy snow in November is quite unusual and this is forecast to be the coldest winter in at least a decade. I am at low level not far from the Irish Sea, snow is common and heavy in the hills nearby.

o

Lovely surroundings. I like the snow and the open water (well, semi-open, anyhow).

o

Those are both beeaauuutiful SnB, especially the 2nd one!

G_M

o

I get Brrrrr-Freeeezin' just looking at your pix, Shrubs n bulbs! What a wonderful setting to have to view! I enjoy & appreciate seeing these gorgeous scenes without having to experience the temps!

~Rosemarie

o

Very pretty!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here