Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Color ala California

Posted by RosemarieRo z11/24 So Calif (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 14, 05 at 14:26

Not so spectacular as many of you have posted, but the bit of color we get here, via Liquidambar trees (I think) I found at the bowling alley. Click on thumbnails for larger view.

I'll be back to comment on beauties in all the other threads!
For some reason, 2 of my thumbnails are only showing partial pix in preview. It seems to show whole pic when you click on it though. Have no idea why it's doing this. Hmmm.
~Rosemarie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Color ala California

I can see all four thumbnails.

You don't see many Liquidambar over here, not in the north anyway. There seem to be quite a few in Arboretums down south.

o

Just beautiful! Lovely shades and great photography.

Anna

o

• Posted by Joyce Zone 7b LI, NY (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 16, 05 at 11:17

Awesome Rosemarie.

My Jap maple by the pondsai looked GREAT for about 3 days...and then a windstorm tore all the leaves off it.

o

The halves on the thumbnails that were missing are filled in now. Go figure!

There are only a few trees around here that show color & that isn't every year. I do recall all the trees in the park nearby having brilliant color 10 yrs ago. (I got pix of that!) I'm not sure what kind they are...think I'll go ask somebody!

Thanks you all for your nice comments!

Don't you just hate it when the wind snatches our bits of beauty to soon, Joyce?! Well, enjoy it while you can!

I think I'll go look for those other pix so I can scan them!

~Rosemarie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here