Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery Plant...help wanted

Posted by chicamom z5MI (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 14, 05 at 15:12

Thank you in advance for help in identifing this plant for a friend. She said it is about a foot high and sprawling.
I at first thought asparagus fern...but not sure.
Thanks again.
Janet

Here is a link that might be useful: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chica_mom/album?.dir=/fb77

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery Plant...help wanted

amsonia hubrichtii appears to be a good match.
i like the plant and mine is still pretty small but it did put on a good bit of growth this year.
not as colorful as your photo (yet).

Here is a link that might be useful: arkansas amsonia

o
RE: Mystery Plant...help wanted

http://www.sunlightgardens.com/latin/A.html

Amsonia hubrictii
Blue Star, Threadleaf Zones: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Threadleaf Blue Star has very narrow needle-like leaves 3 to 4 inches long and only a matchstick in width giving a fine and brushy look. The plants grow 3 to 4 feet tall, the flowers are a medium dark steel blue in late spring. It prefers a dryish site. Fall color is a good deep gold before the plants die back for the winter. Blue Stars are very attractive and dependable plants. Plus, they are deerproof.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

HTH -
Jo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here